or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Navy Linen Suit
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Navy Linen Suit

post #1 of 64
Thread Starter 
Is navy a good color to go with for a linen suit. I am looking for something different then all the other linen suits you see in the summer months. I just wanted to get the opinion of members on the forum.

Also, does anyone know where to get a good one at?
post #2 of 64
Dark color may be warmer -i've been looking for a good jacket for some time, not having much luck.
post #3 of 64
I'm planning on getting my first linen suit and it'll be navy, but for the simple reason that no one at work wears linen suits and I think getting a navy one makes it easier for me to start wearing linen at work, navy being a safe colour.

So yes, I think navy is a good colour for linen.
post #4 of 64
I have a navy one from BB I like and wear to work frequently.
post #5 of 64
Navy linen at work:
post #6 of 64
I think a navy linen suit is a great idea. The navy colour is complemented well by the way linen wrinkles. I know Paul Smith made a really cool one a couple of seasons ago, but you designers change every season and I'm not sure who's offering one right now.
post #7 of 64
I like it, but I'm not a huge fan of the way it's worn in the above photo. To me, this is something you wear without a tie (or at most a knit tie), slip-on shoes, and probably no socks. I'd also consider this with a short sleeve shirt, perhaps something with dual buttoning chest pockets in white, lavender or light blue.
post #8 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimelesStyle View Post
I like it, but I'm not a huge fan of the way it's worn in the above photo. To me, this is something you wear without a tie (or at most a knit tie), slip-on shoes, and probably no socks. I'd also consider this with a short sleeve shirt, perhaps something with dual buttoning chest pockets in white, lavender or light blue.

Sure, but when it's 85 degrees out and nearly 100% humidity, and you have to be in Court, your suggestions are not an option.
post #9 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by luftvier View Post
Sure, but when it's 85 degrees out and nearly 100% humidity, and you have to be in Court, your suggestions are not an option.

Point taken
post #10 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by luftvier View Post
Navy linen at work:

I like that...
post #11 of 64
Me too.
post #12 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasbar View Post
I like that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaplan View Post
Me too.

Thanks guys.
post #13 of 64
I think linen suits in navy are good for a more casual or festive settings - weddings, parties, man-about-town, that sort of thing. If you want a real, "serious" business suit, I would stick with a tropical weight wool.

I have a cotton and linen suit that I wear for business but that is because I am working with creative people in T-shirts so it adds a casual touch. I also take the jacket and wear it with jeans. If you have that kind of flexibility where you work then, yes, get a navy linen suit.
post #14 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by luftvier View Post
Sure, but when it's 85 degrees out and nearly 100% humidity, and you have to be in Court, your suggestions are not an option.

You guys in Philly don't even know what humidity is. Great look. A rec for short sleeves with it? Mine has patch pockets and I still wear it to court.
post #15 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by KObalto View Post
You guys in Philly don't even know what humidity is. Great look. A rec for short sleeves with it? Mine has patch pockets and I still wear it to court.
KObalto, Philly summers are about as humid as you can get outside of the rainforest! I can't imagine it's much better by you, though.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Navy Linen Suit