or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › B.Nelson does a great job
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

B.Nelson does a great job - Page 18

post #256 of 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by msulinski View Post

I've gotten all-rubber lifts replaced for $25, so I am guessing a dovetail heel lift would cost about this at the same place.

Still a far cry from the $10 KObalto was referring to. I think it was Angelo's that was charging $30 for a regular dovetail heel and $40 for a JR dovetail heel. I have not had only the heels replaced for a while.
post #257 of 375

Are you guys made of money?

 

What the fuck is wrong with putting these on your heels?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/220646669200?var=520012955500&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

 

When they wear out, after about 8 full day wears, you replace them.

post #258 of 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnnamedPlayer View Post

Are you guys made of money?

What the fuck is wrong with putting these on your heels?
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/220646669200?var=520012955500&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

When they wear out, after about 8 full day wears, you replace them.

this is exactly what b. nelson recommends for the heels... why so aggressive?
post #259 of 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnnamedPlayer View Post

Are you guys made of money?

What the fuck is wrong with putting these on your heels?
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/220646669200?var=520012955500&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

When they wear out, after about 8 full day wears, you replace them.

If you got a new couch, would you just leave the plastic coating on and replace that as it wears out?
post #260 of 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnnamedPlayer View Post

Are you guys made of money?

What the fuck is wrong with putting these on your heels?
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/220646669200?var=520012955500&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

When they wear out, after about 8 full day wears, you replace them.

I'm advocating for rubber heel taps not against them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidus View Post

If you got a new couch, would you just leave the plastic coating on and replace that as it wears out?

Bad analogy IMO.
post #261 of 375
Just got my AE Polos back from B.Nelson and couldn't be happier. See my post in the AE Appreciation thread here:
http://www.styleforum.net/t/141581/allen-edmonds-appreciation-thread/14610#post_6063051

Nick's a great guy to deal with and took a good amount of time talking with me and answering questions I had about these and other shoes.

-James
post #262 of 375
I bought a new pair of Ralph Lauren by Edward Green shoes recently and decided to have Nick install the flush metal toe caps. I'm from the SF Bay Area and have to mail my shoes to him. I went to his website and printed out the Priority Mail Label and put it on my box.

As I went to mail the package, something daunted on me. I wasn't sure if Priority Mail can be tracked or if it was insured. So, to be safe, I just mailed it via UPS insured with tracking number.

To those who are not near Nick and have to mail your shoes to him, are you guys just using his Priority mailing label and sending in your shoes like that?
post #263 of 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdv10 View Post

I bought a new pair of Ralph Lauren by Edward Green shoes recently and decided to have Nick install the flush metal toe caps. I'm from the SF Bay Area and have to mail my shoes to him. I went to his website and printed out the Priority Mail Label and put it on my box.

As I went to mail the package, something daunted on me. I wasn't sure if Priority Mail can be tracked or if it was insured. So, to be safe, I just mailed it via UPS insured with tracking number.

To those who are not near Nick and have to mail your shoes to him, are you guys just using his Priority mailing label and sending in your shoes like that?

priority mail can be tracked and is insured for up to $100. you can add extra insurance.
post #264 of 375
1A76A67A-DA24-4221-947A-086058DC22E6-7273-000009A7178130CB.jpg

Just wanted to give Nick some well deserved credit. These were ready for the bin, but nick successfully gave new life to old friends.
post #265 of 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba View Post

1A76A67A-DA24-4221-947A-086058DC22E6-7273-000009A7178130CB.jpg

Just wanted to give Nick some well deserved credit. These were ready for the bin, but nick successfully gave new life to old friends.

Great work!! Price??
post #266 of 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba View Post

1A76A67A-DA24-4221-947A-086058DC22E6-7273-000009A7178130CB.jpg

Just wanted to give Nick some well deserved credit. These were ready for the bin, but nick successfully gave new life to old friends.

Excellent work! Just like mine, they're almost too pretty to walk on! It was said to see those beautiful JR soles get scratched up on concrete, but that's what they're there for!

-James
post #267 of 375
I did not take pictures, but a while back Nick resoled my RL cordovan tassels, the work was fantastic on those as well. James, I still cringe when wearing in new soles.

Monty, B.Nelson has pricing on their website. I had alot of work done here that is not shown (interior), so I would like not to disclose the price I paid. I will say, I found it to be reasonable and I am very happy with the work done.
Edited by SkinnyGoomba - 1/28/13 at 9:51am
post #268 of 375
Excellent rug.
post #269 of 375
Thanks PB.
post #270 of 375
I would like channeled soles on my resoles from B Nelson too but the $50 upcharge isn't worth it to me.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › B.Nelson does a great job