• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Race, Ethnicity, style forum

miran

Reaction score
I thought I'd start a top level message but if it's against the forum policy sorry.

I am curious about the racial and ethnic and national composition here.

I've seen handles like <<randomkoreandude>>, descriptions like <<Persian bro>> and <<Hebrew homie>> and posts about East Asian big and flat noses not holding sunglasses on.

So where are you from and how does it hinder your fashion sense?

I'll start, I am from Montreal, Canada, which seems to be a putdown in this board. My parents are born in Morocco. I don't have any fashion hinderances but I wish I had nicer hair because on bad days it looks like mohair.

mikecch

Reaction score
Another winning thread...
nest.gif

I've been told I'm very nordsinid in appearance, which probably hints at my eastern Chinese ancestry?
But I've also been told my jaw structure isn't very, ummm, "progressive".

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by miran
I thought I'd start a top level message but if it's against the forum policy sorry. I am curious about the racial and ethnic and national composition here. I've seen handles like <<randomkoreandude>>, descriptions like <<Persian bro>> and <<Hebrew homie>> and posts about East Asian big and flat noses not holding sunglasses on. So where are you from and how does it hinder your fashion sense? I'll start, I am from Montreal, Canada, which seems to be a putdown in this board. My parents are born in Morocco. I don't have any fashion hinderances but I wish I had nicer hair because on bad days it looks like mohair.
i am from laguna niguel in southern california but i currently live/work in slc utah and i hate it.

mikecch

Reaction score
^ You can go motoring on them salt flats?

I forgot the important bit - I'm Taiwanese/Australia, very confused by all the ninjas in Melbourne, and very frustrated at the scarcity of well-made clothing in Australia.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whatever123
i am from laguna niguel in southern california but i currently live/work in slc utah and i hate it.
I take it that you are caucasian?

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mikecch
^ You can go motoring on them salt flats? I forgot the important bit - I'm Taiwanese/Australia, very confused by all the ninjas in Melbourne, and very frustrated at the scarcity of well-made clothing in Australia.
they do a lot of speed trials there ... ~ 4 years ago they built a super cool race track that i go to sometimes when they hold gt class races. if they carved out a rally race track in one of mountains here it might be a bit more tolerable.
smile.gif

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
My eyes, lactose tolerance, and fair skin hint at my Norse-by-way-of-Scotland ancestry, while my concave, pointed nose and small mouth belie the Norman/Celt/Roman mongrel heritage of the English. My narrow chest brings to mind the wastes of Abyssinia while my Lilliputian schlong recalls Inner Mongolia. My athletic prowess would not be out-of-place in Dahomey and my sexual preferences run towards the Iberian.

I am a true citizen of the world.

S-Town

Reaction score
Interesting thread.

I'm plain old white bread. Irish and german ancestry. I get a bad sunburn before I get tan :). I currently live in St. Louis, but was born and raised in Salina, KS (S-Town). Physically, no fashion hindrances. Geographically, I pretty much have to buy everything online since I don't want to dress exclusively in Rams/Cards/Mizzou/Tapout gear.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan
My eyes, lactose tolerance, and fair skin hint at my Norse-by-way-of-Scotland ancestry, while my concave, pointed nose and small mouth belie the Norman/Celt/Roman mongrel heritage of the English. My narrow chest brings to mind the wastes of Abyssinia while my Lilliputian schlong recalls Inner Mongolia. My athletic prowess would not be out-of-place in Dahomey and my sexual preferences run towards the Iberian. I am a true citizen of the world.
is that a picture of you in your avatar?

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whatever123
mom is italian and dad is irish.
Got it. The girl I am dating is from laguna niguel and she has mentioned several times how she was one of the few minorities (asian) at her school

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by miran
So where are you from and how does it hinder your fashion sense?

Just wanted to highlight this gem.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NAMOR
Got it. The girl I am dating is from laguna niguel and she has mentioned several times how she was one of the few minorities (asian) at her school
oh yeah? what school does she go to? what area is she in? i lived right off crown valley parkway (right by el nigueal country club).

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I'm Korean and ashamed of it

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads