or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Race, Ethnicity, style forum
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Race, Ethnicity, style forum - Page 14

post #196 of 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by impolyt_one View Post
I'm Korean and ashamed of it

Your women wipe from back to front. I've "tasted" a few on occasion.
post #197 of 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by *#.. View Post
What don't you like about Thailand specifically? I know it's a poor 3rd world country, there's sex tourism that comes with being said country, and rice is grown everywhere.
lol, what the fuck are you talking about? its not a 3rd world country you retard. but they do have a sex trade ... but so does the US so im not sure what that means. and rice is indeed grown in thailand, obviously, but not "everywhere."
post #198 of 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by westinghouse View Post
Your women wipe from back to front. I've "tasted" a few on occasion.
korean bodagitrees taste great. like little meat stalactites.
post #199 of 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi Man View Post

I hate to you say it, but you really are. However, it is good that you don't try to hide it, but rather admit being one.

Hey, I'll take that as a semi-compliment.
I grew up in an isolated backwater with virtually no Asians. A couple blacks and a population of Latino farmworkers filled it out (yes I do speak Spanish). To top that off, we grew up with nearly no media, no television and, for the many years, no electricity.

Everyone has their blank spots and most urban people are far more abreast of these kinds of diversities than me. I will argue though, that a lot of backwoods types, as ignorant as they are, will be the first to take you at face value and the first to lend you a hand if you need it, whatever your race. Ignorant does not necessarily mean stupid or mean spirited.
post #200 of 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by *#.. View Post
What don't you like about Thailand specifically? I know it's a poor 3rd world country, there's sex tourism that comes with being said country, and rice is grown everywhere.



Case in point, if you've ever been measured up by Get Smart for a Thick as Thieves suit, he meets up with you in a public place where he lives. I only saw Asian people there, and many buildings had store signs with both Chinese characters and English letters. Obviously, Asian people make up the vast majority of that city, whereas the demographics would be much different in places like Oxnard or Compton.



Never heard about schools teaching them how to be celebrities, interesting. If by training, you mean those cute poses they always do and their shy demeanor, I don't buy it. The whole act gets old fast and is just really annoying. I'm still at a loss as to how so many Asians not born in Asia are obsessed over that k-pop culture.

I'm bored so I'll play. Ironicaly enough, I'm in Thailand right now. I moved to the U.S. in '93 when I was in the 4th grade so I can relate to Kiwi Man.

Living in the U.S. spoils you flat out. The cheapest prices on cars and gas and decent pay for most jobs out of college.

In many countries, Thailand included, it's a hustle trying to get a good paying job. Most entry level jobs out of college pay next to nothing so you can't even enjoy a cup of Starbucks every morning before going to work...which is a common practice in the U.S.

I'm a car hobbyists so I pay attention to prices...everything costs 200-300%. Factor in that the average person here makes 25% of what a U.S. counterpart makes..if you have the means to afford a Benz or BMW, you're doing something right. A new Murcielago in the U.S. can be had for less than $400k. The same car here will run you over $1,000,000.

The weather is horrible all of the time, it's just hot and hotter with high humidity. The traffic sucks...flat out. I've been told it's not as bad as India, Vietnam, etc. but it still sucks to the point that I'm hindered from driving. And when it rains, some parts of the town actually just bust out with inflatable boats to navigate through the water.

The country is corrupted as hell, it saddens me to say that. I played with the possibility of moving back but I doubt if I can adjust myself. If I do move back, I plan on using my degrees and experience in conjunction with high level of network to be rich because I would rather be rich in a poor nation than be poor in a rich nation.

Speaking of k-pop, a Korean friend got me into it. Sad to say that a 25 yr old male has songs from 2NE1 and Big Bang on the iPods. I just vibe with the songs albeit I have no idea what they're saying. I also have songs in many other languages for the same reason.

And yes, Get Smart lives in the 626....AKA Chinese central. Same with Westminster being filled with Vietnamese. Certain cities will have that characteristic.
post #201 of 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatever123 View Post
lol, what the fuck are you talking about? its not a 3rd world country you retard. but they do have a sex trade ... but so does the US so im not sure what that means.

and rice is indeed grown in thailand, obviously, but not "everywhere."

Is it really necessary to call someone a retard? Respect. And of course I didn't mean that rice was grown literally everywhere. Anyone with sense would know I was just saying rice is a major export.

As for it not being third world - this is the one time I'll admit you're probably right. I guess they're classified as a developing economy. Would that be 2nd world, since your censure seems to mean you're an expert on Thailand? I always thought Thailand would be considered "third world" because I've seen maps like this one:

http://www.nationsonline.org/bilder/third_world_map.jpg

in my history books.


Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post
I'm bored so I'll play. Ironicaly enough, I'm in Thailand right now. I moved to the U.S. in '93 when I was in the 4th grade so I can relate to Kiwi Man.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Living in the U.S. spoils you flat out. The cheapest prices on cars and gas and decent pay for most jobs out of college.

In many countries, Thailand included, it's a hustle trying to get a good paying job. Most entry level jobs out of college pay next to nothing so you can't even enjoy a cup of Starbucks every morning before going to work...which is a common practice in the U.S.

I'm a car hobbyists so I pay attention to prices...everything costs 200-300%. Factor in that the average person here makes 25% of what a U.S. counterpart makes..if you have the means to afford a Benz or BMW, you're doing something right. A new Murcielago in the U.S. can be had for less than $400k. The same car here will run you over $1,000,000.

The weather is horrible all of the time, it's just hot and hotter with high humidity. The traffic sucks...flat out. I've been told it's not as bad as India, Vietnam, etc. but it still sucks to the point that I'm hindered from driving. And when it rains, some parts of the town actually just bust out with inflatable boats to navigate through the water.

The country is corrupted as hell, it saddens me to say that. I played with the possibility of moving back but I doubt if I can adjust myself. If I do move back, I plan on using my degrees and experience in conjunction with high level of network to be rich because I would rather be rich in a poor nation than be poor in a rich nation.

Speaking of k-pop, a Korean friend got me into it. Sad to say that a 25 yr old male has songs from 2NE1 and Big Bang on the iPods. I just vibe with the songs albeit I have no idea what they're saying. I also have songs in many other languages for the same reason.

And yes, Get Smart lives in the 626....AKA Chinese central. Same with Westminster being filled with Vietnamese. Certain cities will have that characteristic.

Thanks for the response, I've learned more about Thailand here than from my half-Thai friend
post #202 of 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by *#.. View Post
Is it really necessary to call someone a retard? Respect. And of course I didn't mean that rice was grown literally everywhere. Anyone with sense would know I was just saying rice is a major export. As for it not being third world - this is the one time I'll admit you're probably right. I guess they're classified as a developing economy. Would that be 2nd world, since your censure seems to mean you're an expert on Thailand? I always thought Thailand would be considered "third world" because I've seen maps like this one: http://www.nationsonline.org/bilder/third_world_map.jpg in my history books. Thanks for the response, I've learned more about Thailand here than from my half-Thai friend
yes. and i am not sure what you mean by "this is ... your correct." if your referring to your shoe sizing issues you need to remember that just because you size a certain way does not mean EVERYONE else will. you follow? if you assume this to be true or think those that dissent from your opinion are incorrect, imo, that is a very naive way to view things, especially something as personal as shoe sizing and your novice knowledge of moc-constructed shoes.
post #203 of 210
I am a former Yella but now brown Negro, who has retained his Naija roots fully below the belt.
post #204 of 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by *#.. View Post
Is it really necessary to call someone a retard? Respect. And of course I didn't mean that rice was grown literally everywhere. Anyone with sense would know I was just saying rice is a major export.

As for it not being third world - this is the one time I'll admit you're probably right. I guess they're classified as a developing economy. Would that be 2nd world, since your censure seems to mean you're an expert on Thailand? I always thought Thailand would be considered "third world" because I've seen maps like this one:

http://www.nationsonline.org/bilder/third_world_map.jpg

in my history books.


Thanks for the response, I've learned more about Thailand here than from my half-Thai friend

First world / third world etc. are cold war terms that refer to capitalist democracies aligned with the united states (first world) and communist countries aligned with the soviet union (second world.) Everyone else is the third world.

The terms are pretty outdated now. They are now more appropriately referred to as developing / developed countries.
post #205 of 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatever123 View Post
stop taking me so seriously ... i did not mean it literally. although it was a retarded comment.

and i am not sure what you mean by "this is ... your correct." if your referring to your shoe sizing issues you need to remember that just because you size a certain way does not mean EVERYONE does. if you assume this to be true or think those that dissent from your opinion are incorrect, imo, that is a very naive way to view things, especially something as personal as shoe sizing.

Wasn't thinking about that, but you're still a douche. I do mean it literally


Quote:
Originally Posted by van_hammersly View Post
First world / third world etc. are cold war terms that refer to capitalist democracies aligned with the united states (first world) and communist countries aligned with the soviet union (second world.) Everyone else is the third world.

The terms are pretty outdated now. They are now more appropriately referred to as developing / developed countries.

Yeah i figured as much, thanks for confirming it.
post #206 of 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by *#.. View Post
Wasn't thinking about that, but you're still a douche. I do mean it literally .
well, at least keep it in mind. so true, but what do you do.
post #207 of 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatever123 View Post
well, at least keep it in mind.

so true, but what do you do.

Wow, this isn't the OSB thread, what a retard.
post #208 of 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by *#.. View Post
Wow, this isn't the OSB thread, what a retard.

hey, i am just happy you know what a 3rd world country is now. i am proud of you.
post #209 of 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatever123 View Post
hey, i am just happy you know what a 3rd world country is now. i am proud of you.
Me too, and I'm proud to say I don't post on a board where 99% of the users think I'm a piece of shit.
post #210 of 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by *#.. View Post
Me too, and I'm proud to say I don't post on a board where 99% of the users think I'm a piece of shit.

who told you? that was suppose to be a secret!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Race, Ethnicity, style forum