or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Race, Ethnicity, style forum
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Race, Ethnicity, style forum - Page 13

post #181 of 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatever123 View Post
um, no not really. there is a large mormon population but they are in the rural areas. very few mormons live in downtown slc.

most mormons dont drink (yes, there are some mormons that do drink ... they just dont tell anyone), but many drink caffeine of some extent. i think many avoid coffee for whatever reason ...

they only have one wife (at least at the same time) but they do have a shit load of kids.

mormons are often viewed in a negative light, which i dont think is entirely fair. i dont necessarily agree with their religion (or any religion for that matter) but the ones i have met and work with have all been very nice.

Did you miss the four posts in the last two pages of this thread where various posters made stereotypical descriptions of states? Do you comprehend satire?

Although I have to admit, it's hilarious that you're implying the rest of what I posted is absolutely true.
post #182 of 210
Well, in all fairness, Mormons do say "Gosh!" a lot. It's an objective fact. So that part is true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan View Post
Did you miss the four posts in the last two pages of this thread where various posters made stereotypical descriptions of states? Do you comprehend satire?

Although I have to admit, it's hilarious that you're implying the rest of what I posted is absolutely true.
post #183 of 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan View Post
Did you miss the four posts in the last two pages of this thread where various posters made stereotypical descriptions of states? Do you comprehend satire? Although I have to admit, it's hilarious that you're implying the rest of what I posted is absolutely true.
they do say "gosh" a lot, yes. actually, that is the first post of yours i actually read. i skim over bs most of the time ... .
post #184 of 210
oh the irony.
post #185 of 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by entrero View Post
oh the irony.

you havent stalked me for a while ... you and FLMountainMan should be friends.
post #186 of 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan View Post
Did you miss the four posts in the last two pages of this thread where various posters made stereotypical descriptions of states? Do you comprehend satire?

Although I have to admit, it's hilarious that you're implying the rest of what I posted is absolutely true.

Mormons don't know satire. not allowed by the Golden Plates Found In Desert
post #187 of 210
^The plates came from back East. But yeah; no satire.
post #188 of 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatever123 View Post
you havent stalked me for a while ... you and FLMountainMan should be friends.

"Stalking" you is pointing out how stupid your post was? The Utah desert has made your vagina quite sandy.
post #189 of 210
lol just noticed your sig haha
post #190 of 210
I was born backwoods hillbilly, hippie white trash and as proof of such I will admit that I have no clue as to how to tell the various Asian ethnicities apart from one another. It baffles me that they have conflict between them, because I go "arent you all the same though?".
I know, ignorant.
post #191 of 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cacatfish View Post
I was born backwoods hillbilly, hippie white trash and as proof of such I will admit that I have no clue as to how to tell the various Asian ethnicities apart from one another. It baffles me that they have conflict between them, because I go "arent you all the same though?".
I know, ignorant.

Yes you are ignorant.
post #192 of 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan View Post
"Stalking" you is pointing out how stupid your post was? The Utah desert has made your vagina quite sandy.
99% of my posts are stupid. can you be more specific?
post #193 of 210
I'm Thai and I started to dislike my home country after spending my time in the US for almost seven years. However, I don't mind being an Asian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *#.. View Post
As you already know, southern California as a whole is very diverse. However, each race tends to live in certain areas of southern California, so it's very segregated at the same time.

You have proved a very interesting point. It is very interesting to see that Southern California seemed to the place where you would think people from different background would get together and enjoy their day, but it looks like a school. Well, at least, a school in the movie called "Mean Girls."

Quote:
Originally Posted by *#.. View Post
Can you or someone else explain to me why so many Asians outside of Asia have such a big interest in kpop stars?

It is because these K-Pop stars are well-trained. They know exactly how to be relatable to their audience and still act like their model. I was told that there are academy schools in Korea which train many of these wannabe on how to be popular. The popularity for these schools have spread all over Thailand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cacatfish View Post
I was born backwoods hillbilly, hippie white trash and as proof of such I will admit that I have no clue as to how to tell the various Asian ethnicities apart from one another. It baffles me that they have conflict between them, because I go "arent you all the same though?".
I know, ignorant.

I hate to you say it, but you really are. However, it is good that you don't try to hide it, but rather admit being one.
post #194 of 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi Man View Post
I'm Thai and I started to dislike my home country after spending my time in the US for almost seven years. However, I don't mind being an Asian.
What don't you like about Thailand specifically? I know it's a poor 3rd world country, there's sex tourism that comes with being said country, and rice is grown everywhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi Man View Post
You have proved a very interesting point. It is very interesting to see that Southern California seemed to the place where you would think people from different background would get together and enjoy their day, but it looks like a school. Well, at least, a school in the movie called "Mean Girls."
Case in point, if you've ever been measured up by Get Smart for a Thick as Thieves suit, he meets up with you in a public place where he lives. I only saw Asian people there, and many buildings had store signs with both Chinese characters and English letters. Obviously, Asian people make up the vast majority of that city, whereas the demographics would be much different in places like Oxnard or Compton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi Man View Post
It is because these K-Pop stars are well-trained. They know exactly how to be relatable to their audience and still act like their model. I was told that there are academy schools in Korea which train many of these wannabe on how to be popular. The popularity for these schools have spread all over Thailand.
Never heard about schools teaching them how to be celebrities, interesting. If by training, you mean those cute poses they always do and their shy demeanor, I don't buy it. The whole act gets old fast and is just really annoying. I'm still at a loss as to how so many Asians not born in Asia are obsessed over that k-pop culture.
post #195 of 210
i read this whole thread just because of ALZ's ingenuity. i love you man!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Race, Ethnicity, style forum