or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Dexter
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Dexter - Page 2

post #16 of 386
Just finished up Season 2 on Netflix. The season was great up until the finale, which was a huge let down. I can't believe one of his reasons for killing Lila was because she killed Doakes. The whole thing with Doakes nearly brought a tear to my eye. Aside from a predictable plot in the finale yet again, I just thought the acting was really off on Dexter's part in particular, like he was trying extra hard to seem devious. That being said, I'm looking forward to watching Season 3.
post #17 of 386
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiecollector View Post
I can't believe one of his reasons for killing Lila was because she killed Doakes. The whole thing with Doakes nearly brought a tear to my eye.

The reason for killing Lila was that she was the only one that knew who he really was. Doakes being murdered by her was merely a justification for it.
post #18 of 386
Quote:
Originally Posted by appolyon View Post
The reason for killing Lila was that she was the only one that knew who he really was. Doakes being murdered by her was merely a justification for it.
well he wouldn't have killed lila if she didn't kill doakes because it would go against his code. IMO, the reason was doakes' murder and the incentive/bonus was lila's knowing who he was.
post #19 of 386
nah ... I think he came to the realisation that he had been rather soft with his wanting to turn himself in so doing in Lila was a bit of an excersice in getting in touch with the more assured Dexter... either way it was a good move and I thoroughly enjoyed it ... she was one of the characters that gave me the shits the most

... I was dissapointed at loosing Doakes though ... no one pouts like Doakes!
post #20 of 386
Anyone catch the second episode of season 3 yet? I really liked it and where the season is goign so far.
post #21 of 386
Episode 3 was great.
post #22 of 386
great season so far

will Jimmy Smits eventually get snuffed so that Dexter's secret remains his alone?
post #23 of 386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Smart View Post
great season so far

will Jimmy Smits eventually get snuffed so that Dexter's secret remains his alone?

hmmm... that's a good point. That would def. be out of the code, but an interesting direction to take the show in. IDK if they would have him kill someone like that because I think it would take away from the character's likability and might cost them some viewers.

I thought it was interesting that in Ep. 2 he finally got the "thanks" for his work that he has wondered about / wanted throughout the first two seasons.
post #24 of 386
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianja View Post
hmmm... that's a good point. That would def. be out of the code, but an interesting direction to take the show in.

Killing that released child molester was out of code in S3E3. There was no body. No confirmed murder or abuse. These days, Dexter is reacting to his environment more than just following The Code.
post #25 of 386
Quote:
Originally Posted by briancl View Post
Killing that released child molester was out of code in S3E3. There was no body. No confirmed murder or abuse. These days, Dexter is reacting to his environment more than just following The Code.

Good point. He is striking out on his own more and more.
post #26 of 386
imo Jimmy Smitts will turn out to have something shady/violent in his past that will justify his killing. Remember in Ep 2 when he was talking about how his dead brother was the good one?
post #27 of 386
Am I the only one thinking that this season of Dexter is absolutely epic? While Deb is as annoying as ever, I love the notes that the show is hitting this season. The fact that Dexter is increasingly ignoring his code -- save for the fact that the lawyer didn't buy it -- is really pushing the show in a direction I love.
post #28 of 386
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorgekko View Post
Am I the only one thinking that this season of Dexter is absolutely epic? While Deb is as annoying as ever, I love the notes that the show is hitting this season. The fact that Dexter is increasingly ignoring his code -- save for the fact that the lawyer didn't buy it -- is really pushing the show in a direction I love.
For me, this season has been a letdown after the first two. Maybe that's partly because I enjoyed the sustained intensity of watching seasons one and two in only a few sittings, but I'm just not very gripped by the plot or characters this season. In the first two seasons, Dexter was often hounded, struggling to stay one step ahead of the police, and so his occasional mistakes and rash decisions were understandable. My sympathies were with him. But in this season, his hand is firmly on the tiller . . . yet he keeps doing things that seem not only foolish but out of character.
post #29 of 386
How many episodes in to Season 3? I'm waiting for it to finish so I can download them all and watch them in a couple of sittings.

I tried watching Mad Men week by week and I ended up becoming very un-interested in it
post #30 of 386
Shit Just Got Real
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Dexter