or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Best Suede Shoe for Summer
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Best Suede Shoe for Summer - Page 8

post #106 of 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelman 17 View Post
I also like these for the summer courtesy of Alden / Leather Soul


Nice!
post #107 of 244
I am shocked that there are EG shoes that aportnoy does not have yet
post #108 of 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by designprofessor View Post
Been wearing these AE quite a bit and enjoying them.
Those are some nice looking AEs, professor. What do you wear them with?
post #109 of 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post
I am shocked that there are EG shoes that aportnoy does not have yet

How about a little slack E?

Hawthorne and Mole are relatively new hides.
post #110 of 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by aportnoy View Post
How about a little slack E?

Hawthorne and Mole are relatively new hides.

the Mole is pretty hot, not sure what I would wear it with. need to get some suede Dovers though, really a beautiful shoe. What is your favorite last for that shoe?
post #111 of 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm33 View Post
These should be arriving at my house today...okay for summer, or should I park them until fall?


Very nice, are those Aldens?
post #112 of 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm33 View Post
These should be arriving at my house today...okay for summer, or should I park them until fall?


I have these. They are good for wet pavements in Spring. Too heavy for summer wear. You will see when you get them -- they are built like tanks.
post #113 of 244
Thread Starter 
I just couldn't resist.....






Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelman 17 View Post
I also like these for the summer courtesy of Alden / Leather Soul

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.       I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.
post #114 of 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikej77 View Post
Very nice, are those Aldens?

Yes; ordered from Alden of Carmel. I debated between these and the Player's Shoe, and ultimately decided I want the commando sole for winter wear. Also, I wasn't sure if I would like the contrasting light colored stitching on the dark brown suede.

I also toyed with the idea of ordering a pair of AE Strands in chocolate suede with a Vibram sole, but since I already have six pairs of AE my adventurous side drove me to give Alden a try. These are the same price as a pair of custom-made AE with suede and Vibram soles.

Edit: Thank you to aportnoy and Dewey for the advice. I'll make sure they fit good and then put them away for the fall.

Edit, part II: Any recommendations for weatherproofing products?
post #115 of 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy View Post
These are a little more casual but very nice too.


That's a great look! I am going to try that this summer, although maybe without the scarf.

Who is the guy anyway?
post #116 of 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by aportnoy View Post
Hawthorne is the 505 and Mole is 202.



I also got this pair in Almond Country Calf on the 606.


What's the difference between the 505 and the 202?
IIRC it's higher toe box on the 505..right?
post #117 of 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post
the Mole is pretty hot, not sure what I would wear it with. need to get some suede Dovers though, really a beautiful shoe. What is your favorite last for that shoe?

E, for me 606 is the best last for Dover followed closely by 505 or 202.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyCrockett View Post
What's the difference between the 505 and the 202?
IIRC it's higher toe box on the 505..right?

Yup, exactly right. My first pair of EGs were Dover on the 505 in Heather Gorse.
post #118 of 244
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradford View Post
That's a great look! I am going to try that this summer, although maybe without the scarf.

Who is the guy anyway?

Dunno, just another I-talian gent from another igent blog
post #119 of 244
I just picked up these from Bass. Not SF approved, but the price was right for a pair of white suede longwings with a brick sole for occasional summer wear:
post #120 of 244
^ Looking forward to seeing some fit pics.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Best Suede Shoe for Summer