or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ahhh! Creasing.....(I know it's been asked)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ahhh! Creasing.....(I know it's been asked)

post #1 of 18
Thread Starter 
I did a search, and it seems like creasing is caused by wrong shoe size and from what people have said on the forum, you can reduce creasing using shoe trees and cream but it will just come back even if it seems to have disappeared. The problem I'm having is creasing on one shoe, I've had these for a few weeks and wear them often, as you can see one shoe looks great, no creasing at all, the other shoe has horrible creasing. They are a pair of To Boot New York shoes. So the question is, is this happening because the leather is bad? I don't think it's a fit issue, but I'm no expert. Thanks in advance for the help!


post #2 of 18
Been there done that. I learned to live with it, happens on all my shoes.
post #3 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjornb17 View Post
Been there done that. I learned to live with it, happens on all my shoes.

Yes, I know, it's unfortunate, in all the other threads they say the only way to prevent creasing is not to wear the shoe lol. But it seems like people in the shoe pr0n thread seem to have non-creased shoes even after wearing them. I'm just disappointed that one of the shoes looks almost perfect while the other one has creased greatly.
post #4 of 18
I knew some one who used to waddle around with out stepping off on the balls of his feet as he walked in order to try to prevent his shoes from creasing

You can try that.
post #5 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnabus View Post
I knew some one who used to waddle around with out stepping off on the balls of his feet as he walked in order to try to prevent his shoes from creasing

You can try that.

I will admit that when I first purchased a nice pair of shoes I tried this for about 10 minutes before realizing I was being ridiculous. I like to tell myself that the inevitable creasing builds character
post #6 of 18
Yeah but he tried to keep this up for months at least you stopped right away
post #7 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by myztikal47 View Post
The problem I'm having is creasing on one shoe
[/IMG]

This is your leading foot- the one you put your weight on- try this, when you bend down to pick something up and you drop down on one knee, is it usually this shoe that stays flat to the floor (and gets bent)

Quote:
Originally Posted by myztikal47 View Post
But it seems like people in the shoe pr0n thread seem to have non-creased shoes even after wearing them.

Bespoke fit
or after having tried on every last known to man, then selecting the closest match
post #8 of 18
It looks like cheap leather exaggerates the inevitable creases.
post #9 of 18
Not sure about quality of leather, but the left shoe definite crease oddly because either your instep is too low or the shoe is just over all too large. Can try using a tongue pad that is the case.
post #10 of 18
post #11 of 18
^ HRH seems to have teh sharp corns and hammatoe.
post #12 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesX View Post
Not sure about quality of leather, but the left shoe definite crease oddly because either your instep is too low or the shoe is just over all too large.

Can try using a tongue pad that is the case.


Kind of too late for a tongue pad no? The damage seems to have already been done .
post #13 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by myztikal47 View Post
I did a search, and it seems like creasing is caused by wrong shoe size and from what people have said on the forum, you can reduce creasing using shoe trees and cream but it will just come back even if it seems to have disappeared. The problem I'm having is creasing on one shoe, I've had these for a few weeks and wear them often, as you can see one shoe looks great, no creasing at all, the other shoe has horrible creasing. They are a pair of To Boot New York shoes. So the question is, is this happening because the leather is bad? I don't think it's a fit issue, but I'm no expert. Thanks in advance for the help!
A diagonal crease like that is often a sign that the foot is too long for the shoe. Many people have one foot that is longer than the other. And often that longer foot is has less substance than the shorter foot. A shoe that is not filled by the foot will tend to crease more. So...you may have one problem compounding the other.
post #14 of 18
nah, none of these things.

the shoe leather just sucks.

I've seen this happen plenty of times, usually on $70 sneakers made in china. The creasing will not match because the hides do not match.
post #15 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWFII View Post
A diagonal crease like that is often a sign that the foot is too long for the shoe. Many people have one foot that is longer than the other. And often that longer foot is has less substance than the shorter foot. A shoe that is not filled by the foot will tend to crease more.

So...you may have one problem compounding the other.


I'm a bit confused by this, so should I be sizing up? The current shoe is 10.5, I tried on 10 but it was too tight and 11 was too loose.....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ahhh! Creasing.....(I know it's been asked)