or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Fitted cotton polos?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Fitted cotton polos? - Page 2

post #16 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrd617 View Post
"Bendy" collar? Are the LE canvas ones more rigid?

The LE one isn't as rigid as the H&M, but it has a decent roll (for a polo), although it does tend to lay flat after a few hours. Still, it's wider and doesn't bend or crease as much as the H&M collars.

By the way, I just found out that the mesh polos fit the same, but are 1/2" longer in the arms and overall length.
post #17 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loathing View Post
Those look really very nice, any idea how much they charge?

No idea, but they look amazing. One day...

Quote:
Originally Posted by acecow View Post
Strangely, they don't have all the colors anymore, but I really enjoy LE Canvas Polo shirts. I'm a size 36/38 in jackets and I bought their size S.

I haven't ordered LEC's polos before, but their t-shirts fit very nicely. They're trimmer in the chest and longer in the body. I am 6'1" and ~150 lbs and I buy a size small.
post #18 of 50
post #19 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by acecow View Post
Strangely, they don't have all the colors anymore, but I really enjoy LE Canvas Polo shirts. I'm a size 36/38 in jackets and I bought their size S.


Do you know how these compar to their normal Pima polo shirts? Like these:

http://www.landsend.com/pp/ShortSlee...a&origin=index
post #20 of 50
I'm looking forward to trying one of Kent Wang's new polos.
post #21 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by acecow View Post
Strangely, they don't have all the colors anymore, but I really enjoy LE Canvas Polo shirts. I'm a size 36/38 in jackets and I bought their size S.
Dam, that's cheap. I might have to try it. I'm usually a 41 jacket size, give or take, so I'm guessing that I'd need to go one size up to a medium.
post #22 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrd617 View Post
H&M polos are very decent too. The trick is not to put them in the dryer so that they don't shrink. Cold wash and hang dry

x2

Although, I throw all my H&M shirts in the dryer. Their size S is a little too small for me and their size M is slightly too big so I buy mediums and shrink them in the dryer.

Their shirts aren't the best quality by any means but for the fit and price you can't really go wrong.
post #23 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidus View Post
Do you know how these compar to their normal Pima polo shirts? Like these:

http://www.landsend.com/pp/ShortSlee...a&origin=index

Yeah, those are baggier than the Canvas ones. Also, I believe, of slightly inferior quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylenooob View Post
Dam, that's cheap. I might have to try it. I'm usually a 41 jacket size, give or take, so I'm guessing that I'd need to go one size up to a medium.

Definitely a Medium. Look for codes floating around. Right now it's $10 off $50+ and free shipping. Before it was 30% off and free shipping. So they are even cheaper. And you can always return them to the store and lose nothing. Or exchange them for a different size free of extra charge.
post #24 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by acecow View Post
Strangely, they don't have all the colors anymore, but I really enjoy LE Canvas Polo shirts. I'm a size 36/38 in jackets and I bought their size S.

Fit picture. Sorry for the quality.

Thanks for the rec, just bought a couple white mediums based on your recommendation.
post #25 of 50
I second the J. Crew rec. I love their jaspe ones. The regular ones are good for unbranded good fitting polos. I like Ralph Laurens better though. I think Lacoste is just as good, but not sure if they make the non-mesh you refer to in OP.
post #26 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by acecow View Post
Definitely a Medium. Look for codes floating around. Right now it's $10 off $50+ and free shipping. Before it was 30% off and free shipping. So they are even cheaper. And you can always return them to the store and lose nothing. Or exchange them for a different size free of extra charge.
Thanks -- although if the polos are only 9.99 a pop then I don't know that I want to buy enough stuff to get me to $50.

Do they shrink much? I bet a medium will fit me out of the box (6'0", 185lbs athletic build), but if it shrinks much it might not work.
post #27 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatguy View Post

Those look great. I like the collar.
post #28 of 50
Thanks everyone for the link to my new slim fit polos. I started making them because I wasn't satisfied with what I was buying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrd617 View Post
H&M polos are very decent too. The trick is not to put them in the dryer so that they don't shrink. Cold wash and hang dry
I own about six of their polos. They definitely shrink a lot if you put them in the dryer, but even if you cold wash and hang dry they shrink a noticeable amount. The cotton pique I use is much higher quality and hasn't shrank at all after several wash cycles. I think the H&M ones also have a messy collar, an issue which I have addressed with mine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phxlawstudent View Post
I second the J. Crew rec. I love their jaspe ones. The regular ones are good for unbranded good fitting polos.
I have a J. Crew and the fit is rather boxy. Better than some other mall brands perhaps, but certainly not as slim as H&M or my polos.
post #29 of 50
I actually just bought about 10 polo's from Landsend Canvas for 7.50 each, the problem is I have yet to find a size that fits. I wear a large in Ralph Lauren and Brooks Brothers, but the large and the X-large of LE Canvas fit very awkwardly. I'm thinking of trying to size down to a medium and if that fails I think I'm going to have to give up on these 7.50 polo's.
post #30 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent Wang View Post
Thanks everyone for the link to my new slim fit polos. I started making them because I wasn't satisfied with what I was buying.


I own about six of their polos. They definitely shrink a lot if you put them in the dryer, but even if you cold wash and hang dry they shrink a noticeable amount. The cotton pique I use is much higher quality and hasn't shrank at all after several wash cycles.

I think the H&M ones also have a messy collar, an issue which I have addressed with mine.


I have a J. Crew and the fit is rather boxy. Better than some other mall brands perhaps, but certainly not as slim as H&M or my polos.

Because all my pique shirts were of questionable quality and felt really light and cheapy after some wear, I know prefer jersey ones. Do you know why is pique is more widely used for polos?The only nice pique I had was from Jack Willies, UK brand, the material was very thick and substantial.
HM is a waist of money for 99% of their stuff - cheap Chinese cotton ruins every product.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Fitted cotton polos?