• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

stylish eye glasses

blackplatano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since some of you spend the whole day reading SF, im guessing a lot of you (like me) wear glasses.

What frames do you wear? What are some good ones.

pg34

Reaction score
I wear Dolce & Gabbana semi-rimlesses, and I would recommend them.

truestorytravis

Reaction score
I'm glad this thread was started because I'm in the process of choosing some new frames. I've been set on going rimless for a while now, but I've recently heard that since the stress on the lenses is concentrated in two very small areas, the incidence of cracking is very high. Does anyone have any experience that can confirm this or, alternatively, reccommend a pair that haven't been problematic?

Right now I'm looking at either a pair of Guccis or Ray Bans, both in gold. Which brings me to another question: Are gold frames too "middle-age" for someone in their early 20's? I feel like they aren't as noticeable as a silver frame and are maybe more refined.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
eyeglasses if I wore them probably miklis

I have some pimp ass olive/green lens oliver peoples locs I've been wearing for awhile but you need the right complexion for it.

seanchai

Reaction score
I wear ogi, they're cute and not so avant-garde that they can't be worn in all situations.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by truestorytravis
I'm glad this thread was started because I'm in the process of choosing some new frames. I've been set on going rimless for a while now, but I've recently heard that since the stress on the lenses is concentrated in two very small areas, the incidence of cracking is very high. Does anyone have any experience that can confirm this or, alternatively, reccommend a pair that haven't been problematic?

Right now I'm looking at either a pair of Guccis or Ray Bans, both in gold. Which brings me to another question: Are gold frames too "middle-age" for someone in their early 20's? I feel like they aren't as noticeable as a silver frame and are maybe more refined.

For general use, well constructed rimless like Silhouette is more than strong enough. I wouldn't pick these for, say, combat, but I wouldn't rely on anything short of prescription combat goggles for that. For most people's lives, I can't imagine why you'd need to be worried about that, and if you do, you probably already have specialized eyewear, corrective surgery, or 20/20 vision already.

Stax

Reaction score
Toki

blackplatano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JET
eyeglasses if I wore them probably miklis

I have some pimp ass olive/green lens oliver peoples locs I've been wearing for awhile but you need the right complexion for it.

Man, that sounds like what i need. I was looking for olive green frames. You got any pics? I agree about the complexion thing but since im a long haired, green eyed, olive skin dude i think i can rock olive frames.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
If you're in LA go to optx on robertson and talk to my boy Sasha. You need glasses that suit your face. After you tell him what you want he'll set your mind right. He really knows his **** and whenever I look at people in LA, it's funny how many have glasses that don't suit their face or don't look good on them. The OPs are pricey at 300+ though, frames made in japan and lenses made somewhere else in europe. Everyone always jocks them too, even other people at sunglass shops.

cheapmutha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2b_1.JPG

gamelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just picked up some black rimmed Ferragamos for a more 'streetwear' look. i plan to wear them with jeans, hoodies, etc.

going to get some rimless for business wear (seeing clients, conferences, etc.).

-Jeff

blackplatano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JET
If you're in LA go to optx on robertson and talk to my boy Sasha. You need glasses that suit your face. After you tell him what you want he'll set your mind right. He really knows his **** and whenever I look at people in LA, it's funny how many have glasses that don't suit their face or don't look good on them. The OPs are pricey at 300+ though, frames made in japan and lenses made somewhere else in europe. Everyone always jocks them too, even other people at sunglass shops.

Im in New York, any online spots you can point me to?

Also, any websites on what frames fit what face types?
Can't have too much information.

pg34

Reaction score
Originally Posted by blackplatano
Im in New York, any online spots you can point me to?

Also, any websites on what frames fit what face types?
Can't have too much information.

Just try on a lot of different frame shapes, and don't be in a hurry to settle on any particular shape or brand.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads