or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › stylish eye glasses
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

stylish eye glasses - Page 37

post #541 of 680
C&G eyewear sometimes makes me wish I needed glasses.
post #542 of 680
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSurface View Post
Those close ups are pretty sweet. I want some burgundy frames next. Where to find?

I was just going over LA Eyework's website, and it appears they have a lot of glasses available in burgundy.
post #543 of 680
Well, my prescriprion glasses are Oliver Peoples Rileys in a tortoise pattern. As for my sunglasses I wear classic Ray Ban Aviators and Wayferers. in my opinion, classics are always a good choice^^
post #544 of 680
my plastic frames hurt my nose, do those adhesive foam nose pads really help?
post #545 of 680
If you're going to give Oliver Peoples a look, which I recommend, look at the sheldrake.
post #546 of 680
I wear some Moscot Lemtosh frames in blonde.
post #547 of 680
So does anyone here wear Transition lenses? I need to get a pair of glasses soon, and was considering it. Any opinions are welcome.
post #548 of 680
I used to have them but I think they're kinda dorky.
post #549 of 680
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fellow Linguist View Post
I used to have them but I think they're kinda dorky.

Honestly I'm not really familiar with them at all. Are they really noticeable? Do they get as dark as normal sunglasses?
post #550 of 680
i have to agree about buying frames online.
i just dont understand how some of these places have deals that are 50 % or 80% of B&M.

I bought a pair of Police polarized glasses for $60 online but are $200 at SunglassHut in Carlsbad Outlet Mall.

I got them 6 weeks after i ordered them and i just love them.

I did the polarized test...and yes they are polarized.

they look totally authentic...but i just dont understand how do they get such deals.
post #551 of 680
Quote:
Originally Posted by newabi View Post
Personally, any brand name that I see advertised with more than 50% discount (online), I treat with suspscion.

On the other hand, some brand names may give larger commisions/discounts to some online retailers because of a wider audience (worldwide customers) they have, high traffic website and other reasons.

A valid reason why it is cheaper online is that many online stores to not apply the crazy mark-ups that most offline stores have. This could be due to cheaper running costs/expenses in terms of premises/staff etc. Also, to manufacturer a pair of frames costs 'very' little in fact. Online retailers know this and obviously can afford to undercut the B&M knowing that B&Ms will not be able to undercut a great deal because of their higher operating costs.

I agree and disagree.

I agree that they have lower overhead so they sell for cheaper.

I disagree that they get authentic frames at cheaper prices from distributors. Actually I know for sure that they don't. At most they will get the same discount as a high volume store and usually good online stores are an extension of a store.

In terms of their cheap pricing, usually they are discounted/discontinued models. They generally buy up old inventory for a fraction of the price and dump it. Of course they will have their loss leader products to make them seem up to date, but for the most part, they are discontinued products. Also, sometimes they will buy left over inventory for chains or distributors if the frame has a known defect (such as a temple they know will break, or a part that is not perfected).
post #552 of 680
Quote:
Originally Posted by newabi View Post
I totally agree with you.

The point I was trying to make is that users should not buy from the first site they come across. Instead, do a little research and like you say, beware of sites which have no contact tel number, address, privacy policy etc etc. Like I mentioned, these are mainly (a small miniority) smaller/newer sites. Not the big fish like Walmart or FramesDirect.

Once again, I was trying to advise users not to immediatly jump to any site just because they have fab offers etc. Do a little research- see if they have a forum on their site where users can post comments etc, have a working tel number, registered address etc etc.

Anyway, what is a SF affiliate? Thanks, I'm quite new here.

If you scroll to the top of the page you will see that there are links to affiliates of SF. Those are the guys that support SF and help out SF'ers.

I agree, there are always bad apples that ruin it for the industry. We can say the same thing about B&M stores. They sell products at inflated prices and make it seem like there are no B&M who sell for a reasonable price.
post #553 of 680
Buying eyeglasses online is a huge risk, unless maybe you have tried on the frames in person and don't necessarily care about the quality of the lenses (primarily the cut). Plus, a lot of the shady websites don't seem to ever have anything in stock. Frames are ordered from the manufacturer when you order from the site. It's so much better to find a local shop, in my opinion. I drive 1.5 hours to my shop because they do such a great job of cutting the lenses and putting the glasses together. It's worth not necessarily saving a few bucks online.
post #554 of 680
Quote:
Originally Posted by zissou View Post
Buying eyeglasses online is a huge risk, unless maybe you have tried on the frames in person and don't necessarily care about the quality of the lenses (primarily the cut). Plus, a lot of the shady websites don't seem to ever have anything in stock. Frames are ordered from the manufacturer when you order from the site. It's so much better to find a local shop, in my opinion. I drive 1.5 hours to my shop because they do such a great job of cutting the lenses and putting the glasses together. It's worth not necessarily saving a few bucks online.

I know what you mean. But some people just prefer to simplicity of ordering it online and getting it delivered to your door. To each thier own...
post #555 of 680
I agree!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › stylish eye glasses