or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › stylish eye glasses
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

stylish eye glasses - Page 28

post #406 of 680
moscot released some new eyewear tonight.
post #407 of 680
Did you post on sufu saying the customer service wasn't responding?
Do what I did, buy both sizes of your glasses and return the one you don't like.
post #408 of 680
Can anyone recommend a good online source for metal or rimless frames with a saddle bridge?
I'm having trouble finding them.
post #409 of 680
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopamine View Post
I just picked these up as my new pair of glasses for class and night driving. I love them . The color is quite nice too, a dark reddish brown that stands out a bit from the myriad black frames you see people wearing these days.


I believe those are the exact same glasses I ordered last Monday at Glitter Optics at Union Square. I don't get them for another week as they have to send out for my lenses (bad astigmatism). I don't know the model as my receipt just says "Gucci Rx Frame". What model are those? I paid $215.20 for the frames; I think I got some discount for being a VSP member. The total with the lenses came to $635.20 as I have high-index progressives (first time for progressive/bifocal type; getting old) with antireflection and whatever else they can add to bump up the price!
post #410 of 680
^ Very very nice.
post #411 of 680
Quote:
Originally Posted by third View Post
anyone believe they could help with moscot sizing? i've tried on a pair of milts in 46/22 that fit but slid down my nose a bit too easily. i'm more interested in lemtosh, but notice that the lem 46 is their smallest while the milt 46 is their largest. without living in ny, i'm trying to figure out which size on the lemtosh to go for while keeping in mind that i hope to correct the sliding trouble. customer support is nonresponsive.

Did you ask anyone to adjust them for you or IF it was adjustable? Plastic frames can be adjusted so that they dont droop down. You dont want a tiny frame that is uncomfortable because you didnt know you could have them adjusted. my 2 cents
post #412 of 680
Quote:
Originally Posted by zissou View Post
Can anyone recommend a good online source for metal or rimless frames with a saddle bridge?
I'm having trouble finding them.

I dont know of any, but why do you want a saddle bridge? Is it because you have a high Rx or just because you like them? Not a lot of people look for saddle bridges...
post #413 of 680
Partly because the bridge of my nose is relatively high, but mostly because I'd like more vintage-inspired frames without having to buy flimsy vintage frames.
post #414 of 680
Quote:
Originally Posted by zissou View Post
Partly because the bridge of my nose is relatively high, but mostly because I'd like more vintage-inspired frames without having to buy flimsy vintage frames.

Saddles bridges are good, but it will be hard to find frames unless they are real vintages (not vintage remakes). I have not seen many newer frames with saddles bridges unless it is for kids. good luck (no sarcasm), I will keep my eyes peeled for some.
post #415 of 680
My Mykita frames and classic 80's Transformer sleeping bag...
post #416 of 680
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooch4321 View Post
My Mykita frames and classic 80's Transformer sleeping bag...

Mykita is very good quality and style. 2 thumbs up!
post #417 of 680
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityConnection View Post
Mykita is very good quality and style. 2 thumbs up!

thanks, these are actually my second pair, i also have a pair of IC Berlins as well...
post #418 of 680
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityConnection View Post
Saddles bridges are good, but it will be hard to find frames unless they are real vintages (not vintage remakes). I have not seen many newer frames with saddles bridges unless it is for kids. good luck (no sarcasm), I will keep my eyes peeled for some.
Thanks. A simple nickel or titanium finish would be perfect. I like these, except I'm not crazy about the lens shape. My face is a bit narrow and long, so maybe they would look ok? Although, at $50, these vintage frames might be worth trying.
post #419 of 680
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJS1589 View Post
I just got a some glasses. They are Scott Harris. I like them. Not to bad expensive.



I think these are the ones I was looking at today. Anybody know anything about this brand (Scott Harris)?
post #420 of 680
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooch4321 View Post
thanks, these are actually my second pair, i also have a pair of IC Berlins as well...

another good choice. If you are looking for something lighter an still strong, try Lindberg or Minima. Minima is a smaller French company but very good quality. My 2 cents
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › stylish eye glasses