or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › stylish eye glasses
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

stylish eye glasses - Page 19

post #271 of 680
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_5 View Post
So I been in a few shops that carry Oliver Peoples in NYC but none of them carry the NDG-1. Anyone know any locations that carry them? I have used the locator on the OP website..

Go into any store that sells OP and ask them to order it in. If they carry the line, they should be able to order. If they cant order in a frame, that means, they are not an authorized dealer.
post #272 of 680
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityConnection View Post
Go into any store that sells OP and ask them to order it in. If they carry the line, they should be able to order. If they cant order in a frame, that means, they are not an authorized dealer.

I did that with a few different frames at one of the shops here in town. they were happy to do it for me and in fact, they sold one of the frames I ordered in while i was there (after I decided they weren't for me) so it all worked out for them as well.

those NDGs are limited editions though i believe so they may not be able to get them anymore.
post #273 of 680
I knew they could order the frames but I wasnt sure whether or not I was obligated to purchase them if they were special ordered...I will try today.
post #274 of 680
yeah i would def. ask. I had one place tell me thaat they would order anything as long as I would pay return shipping on any item I didn't purchase and then the one that i ended up ordering through didn't charge me for any of it. I guess it's up to the store but even if they cut you loose for the price of return shipping it should only be a few bucks, and in the grnad scheme it's worth it. after all, they go on your face.
post #275 of 680
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_5 View Post
I knew they could order the frames but I wasnt sure whether or not I was obligated to purchase them if they were special ordered...I will try today.

If it is special order they will not be able to send it back to OP. I know for sure the special orders are not returnable. If it is a normal order they can return it if they dont want it.
post #276 of 680
anyone know the website for cambridge collection eyeglasses or anyone that stocks the brand? i was told they were made in france but have japanese writing. they fit well on me perhaps because they were made for japanese i dunno but i'd like to see what else they have.
post #277 of 680
I wish there were more information pertaining to eyeglasses. Somehow there's just not the same amount of focus on what your eyes are wearing compared to the label you're wearing. And i don't think it's cos most people here don't wear specs.. pretty sure a sizable amount do.
I'm sure nobody would dispute the fact that in every day life, more time is spent by people looking at your eyes than the riri zipper on your leather jacket or the nappa leather of the shoes, but still most people don't really give a shit what eye wear they have on.. sad

btw, does anyone know where i can score some mykita at reasonable prices? Online shops that is. My local stockist has them, but at bank robbing prices that i can't afford. It's ridiculous, they go for close to 700USD here.
post #278 of 680
I am pretty sure mykita is price controlled. You definitely won't get it for much cheaper. You might try contacts and specs if it's online shopping is your kind of thing but I doubt you will get a bargain.

There are many other brands that are copying the IC berlin/ mykita concept now. Certainly not as good but the few I've seen at the Vegas fair go much cheaper with very decent quality.
post #279 of 680
post #280 of 680
Quote:
Originally Posted by noinimod View Post
I wish there were more information pertaining to eyeglasses. Somehow there's just not the same amount of focus on what your eyes are wearing compared to the label you're wearing. And i don't think it's cos most people here don't wear specs.. pretty sure a sizable amount do.
I'm sure nobody would dispute the fact that in every day life, more time is spent by people looking at your eyes than the riri zipper on your leather jacket or the nappa leather of the shoes, but still most people don't really give a shit what eye wear they have on.. sad

I agree. Most people dont care about their eyes, vision, eyewear... What people dont realize is there are so many brands out there that produce high quality products by using so many different kinds of materials, styles and so on. Its actually quite interesting when you start looking at it.
post #281 of 680
Just picked these up on Wednesday.

post #282 of 680
I don't like it when there's names attached to whatever I wear but I think these are permissible because the logo is tiny.

They are woman's glasses but all of the men's I've ever seen are always black. I love color so I chose this.

Under normal light, the dark green plastic almost looks black. Not black as a raven's wings in midnight but black.
post #283 of 680
The frames I like are by Blinde and Salt Optics. Both have no logos and quality plastics.
post #284 of 680
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritchee View Post
The frames I like are by Blinde and Salt Optics. Both have no logos and quality plastics.
If you are looking for Retro, Stylish, good quality and logo-less... try looking up Hackett eyewear, Iyoko Inyake, Kio Yamato and O&X. As well as the mentioned Salt Optics.
post #285 of 680
regular: prodesign 3 pair

sunglasses: cartier and maui jim
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › stylish eye glasses