or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › stylish eye glasses
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

stylish eye glasses

post #1 of 680
Thread Starter 
Since some of you spend the whole day reading SF, im guessing a lot of you (like me) wear glasses.

What frames do you wear? What are some good ones.
post #2 of 680
I wear Dolce & Gabbana semi-rimlesses, and I would recommend them.
post #3 of 680
I wear Silhouettes.
post #4 of 680
I'm glad this thread was started because I'm in the process of choosing some new frames. I've been set on going rimless for a while now, but I've recently heard that since the stress on the lenses is concentrated in two very small areas, the incidence of cracking is very high. Does anyone have any experience that can confirm this or, alternatively, reccommend a pair that haven't been problematic?

Right now I'm looking at either a pair of Guccis or Ray Bans, both in gold. Which brings me to another question: Are gold frames too "middle-age" for someone in their early 20's? I feel like they aren't as noticeable as a silver frame and are maybe more refined.
post #5 of 680
eyeglasses if I wore them probably miklis

I have some pimp ass olive/green lens oliver peoples locs I've been wearing for awhile but you need the right complexion for it.
post #6 of 680
I wear ogi, they're cute and not so avant-garde that they can't be worn in all situations.
post #7 of 680
Quote:
Originally Posted by truestorytravis
I'm glad this thread was started because I'm in the process of choosing some new frames. I've been set on going rimless for a while now, but I've recently heard that since the stress on the lenses is concentrated in two very small areas, the incidence of cracking is very high. Does anyone have any experience that can confirm this or, alternatively, reccommend a pair that haven't been problematic?

Right now I'm looking at either a pair of Guccis or Ray Bans, both in gold. Which brings me to another question: Are gold frames too "middle-age" for someone in their early 20's? I feel like they aren't as noticeable as a silver frame and are maybe more refined.
For general use, well constructed rimless like Silhouette is more than strong enough. I wouldn't pick these for, say, combat, but I wouldn't rely on anything short of prescription combat goggles for that. For most people's lives, I can't imagine why you'd need to be worried about that, and if you do, you probably already have specialized eyewear, corrective surgery, or 20/20 vision already.
post #8 of 680
Toki
post #9 of 680
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JET
eyeglasses if I wore them probably miklis

I have some pimp ass olive/green lens oliver peoples locs I've been wearing for awhile but you need the right complexion for it.

Man, that sounds like what i need. I was looking for olive green frames. You got any pics? I agree about the complexion thing but since im a long haired, green eyed, olive skin dude i think i can rock olive frames.
post #10 of 680
If you're in LA go to optx on robertson and talk to my boy Sasha. You need glasses that suit your face. After you tell him what you want he'll set your mind right. He really knows his shit and whenever I look at people in LA, it's funny how many have glasses that don't suit their face or don't look good on them. The OPs are pricey at 300+ though, frames made in japan and lenses made somewhere else in europe. Everyone always jocks them too, even other people at sunglass shops.
post #11 of 680
post #12 of 680
just picked up some black rimmed Ferragamos for a more 'streetwear' look. i plan to wear them with jeans, hoodies, etc.

going to get some rimless for business wear (seeing clients, conferences, etc.).

-Jeff
post #13 of 680
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JET
If you're in LA go to optx on robertson and talk to my boy Sasha. You need glasses that suit your face. After you tell him what you want he'll set your mind right. He really knows his shit and whenever I look at people in LA, it's funny how many have glasses that don't suit their face or don't look good on them. The OPs are pricey at 300+ though, frames made in japan and lenses made somewhere else in europe. Everyone always jocks them too, even other people at sunglass shops.


Im in New York, any online spots you can point me to?

Also, any websites on what frames fit what face types?
Can't have too much information.
post #14 of 680
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackplatano
Im in New York, any online spots you can point me to?

Also, any websites on what frames fit what face types?
Can't have too much information.
Just try on a lot of different frame shapes, and don't be in a hurry to settle on any particular shape or brand.
post #15 of 680
i wear Replay prescription glasses and Silhouettes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › stylish eye glasses