or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ambrosi Napoli
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ambrosi Napoli - Page 62

post #916 of 1785
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinveritas View Post

But if the store owner can guarantee delivery or reimbursement for non-delivery, then that's another thing altogether...

Sounds like a winner...

 

Where do I sign up to hand over my money, wait 6 months and then get the same amount back!

post #917 of 1785
Quote:
Originally Posted by JensenH View Post

If you are a conscientious and ethical store owner, will you associate with Ambrosi?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasbar View Post

The answer is an obvious No..
You will lose your customer's trust forever..

Last I checked, he hasn't done anything illegal - yet. I'm not condoning what he's doing/done but he seems to be delivering on time for the Armoury guys.

If he's a reliable supplier to them, I don't se e why they wouldn't use him.

I have no skin in this game at all as I will never use Ambrosi nor do I plan on buying anything from the Armoury in the near future, but I find it harsh to denigrate guys for no reason other than that they offer Ambrosi's services.
post #918 of 1785
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRINI View Post

Last I checked, he hasn't done anything illegal - yet. I'm not condoning what he's doing/done but he seems to be delivering on time for the Armoury guys.
If he's a reliable supplier to them, I don't se e why they wouldn't use him.
I have no skin in this game at all as I will never use Ambrosi nor do I plan on buying anything from the Armoury in the near future, but I find it harsh to denigrate guys for no reason other than that they offer Ambrosi's services.

Lie down with dogs, get up with fleas.

A man is judged by the company he keeps.
post #919 of 1785
It's unfortunate to say, but it does call into question whether or not The Armoury guys are willfully ignoring Ambrosi's lack of integrity. Perhaps the only way to deal with a guy like Ambrosi (who obviously has a huge following in Asia) is to utilize his skills through an outlet (like The Armoury) that won't allow their integrity to be compromised.
post #920 of 1785
Quote:
Originally Posted by JensenH View Post

Lie down with dogs, get up with fleas.
A man is judged by the company he keeps.

Lemme know how that works out for you in the real world.
post #921 of 1785

As someone who came to SF looking for advice on clothing and style, and has since stayed for the entertainment, snarkiness and verbal warfare this thread is an absolute delight. You have all made my day!

 

Continue good sirs...
 

post #922 of 1785
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRINI View Post


Lemme know how that works out for you in the real world.

 

MANY folks/decision makers who value their brand/company/business,would never consider associating with a partner who presents a high risk of tarnishing their reputation. Happens all the time in the real world.

 

When considering third party partnerships, one must weigh the risk vs reward. Just because Ambrosi is doing his job at the moment, does not mean it will always be that way. The man has a long and well documented history of awful treatment of his customers, even posting in a thread where those customers are complaining of being out thousands of dollars. Ambrosi even made a joke about it! 

 

There is no excuse for this guys antics, and, personally, I would never partner up with a guy like that.  Just my opinion.

post #923 of 1785
No surprise at the individuals defending Ambrosi.
post #924 of 1785
The unfortunate bottom line is that Ambrosi sees its future in luxury retail, not bespoke service. The discussions I've had with both Salvatore and his Korean "manager" suggest they don't know there's a difference. As far as I can tell, they would convert to a factory-made MTM product if possible. Who knows? Maybe they are already there.

The men that I worked with years ago and recommended to the forum have been replaced by a brand machine. This machine does not value individual clients and cannot be expected to provide the service and attention one would expect from his tailor. This is what happened to me. Salvatore neglected to note agreed-upon changes to my fit when I last visited him in Naples and made irreversible mistakes when cutting the cloth I supplied. Now he insists that my conversation with him in Naples never happened (which I documented here) and I simply outgrew the trousers he made for me.

Oh, and at the last minute, he increased his prices on me. I had little choice but to pay since he had already made the pants out of my fabric.

I'll repeat this story a thousand times if necessary. Buyer beware.

As for the Asian clients out there: you are getting fleeced, paying two to three times the price others pay.
post #925 of 1785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred49 View Post

I belive that the Armoury guys will be over joyed with his work until/If he runs out of gas. He produces a wonderful product from what I hear. He just is not very reliable when he does not feel the heat on his back. I have not been able to apply the heat needed to get an order from him. ffffuuuu.gif

He does. Absolutely perfect fit on the first try.

The construction is a little... rustic... but that's part of the charm.

When I was in Naples last Spring, I seriously considered stopping by but the stories I've heard since I last ordered put me off.
post #926 of 1785
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRINI View Post

Lemme know how that works out for you in the real world.

Very well actually.
post #927 of 1785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabrigian View Post

He does. Absolutely perfect fit on the first try.
The construction is a little... rustic... but that's part of the charm.
When I was in Naples last Spring, I seriously considered stopping by but the stories I've heard since I last ordered put me off.

When did you last try him? Happy customers post-2008 are a rarity.

As for the rustic finishing: well, it wasn't always so. Newer trousers are much sloppier in craftsmanship than older ones. My originals are really at another level and worthy of appreciation.
post #928 of 1785
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post

The unfortunate bottom line is that Ambrosi sees its future in luxury retail, not bespoke service. The discussions I've had with both Salvatore and his Korean "manager" suggest they don't know there's a difference. As far as I can tell, they would convert to a factory-made MTM product if possible. Who knows? Maybe they are already there.
The men that I worked with years ago and recommended to the forum have been replaced by a brand machine. This machine does not value individual clients and cannot be expected to provide the service and attention one would expect from his tailor. This is what happened to me. Salvatore neglected to note agreed-upon changes to my fit when I last visited him in Naples and made irreversible mistakes when cutting the cloth I supplied. Now he insists that my conversation with him in Naples never happened (which I documented here) and I simply outgrew the trousers he made for me.
Oh, and at the last minute, he increased his prices on me. I had little choice but to pay since he had already made the pants out of my fabric.
I'll repeat this story a thousand times if necessary. Buyer beware.
As for the Asian clients out there: you are getting fleeced, paying two to three times the price others pay.

It just blows my mind that a "vendor" would treat his customer this way.

It sounds like you invested thousands, and had Ambrosi done right by you, I'm sure you would have continued to work with him over the long haul.

Ambrosi will eventually burn all his bridges, guys like this always do in the end.

post #929 of 1785
Said it before and will say it again: I have Ambrosi's and I have Ercole's. The Ercole's are better.
post #930 of 1785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaton Cleric View Post

Said it before and will say it again: I have Ambrosi's and I have Ercole's. The Ercole's are better.

I'll probably try Ercole when I finally get to replacing the mess-ups from Ambrosi.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ambrosi Napoli