or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ambrosi Napoli
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ambrosi Napoli - Page 119

post #1771 of 1779
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffArmoury View Post


In regards to buttoned braces versus clip-on, it's really more of a preference.  Salva wouldn't cut a pair of pants different for clip-on vs. button-in.  And as someone that enjoys their pants slightly below their chin, I can attest to the ease and comfort of clip-ons (Although I do wear both).  They are easier to get on and off, offer a wider range of movement, and are usually cut with a double back piece.

I'm persuaded - from now on, I'm going to wear one of these with my bespoke shirts:

http://www.tiesncuffs.com.au/collections/clip-on-ties

It's fast, it's easy, it's quick to get on and off, and you get the perfect knot every time!!

Anyway, with regard to clip-on braces, I suppose that we're just going to have to disagree. I simply fail to understand why someone would go to the trouble and expense of getting a pair of bespoke trousers that cost $1000 or more at full retail, and then wear them with an accessory that looks (to me, at least) as though it came from Men's Wearhouse.
post #1772 of 1779
Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeyman View Post

I'm persuaded - from now on, I'm going to wear one of these with my bespoke shirts:

http://www.tiesncuffs.com.au/collections/clip-on-ties

It's fast, it's easy, it's quick to get on and off, and you get the perfect knot every time!!

Anyway, with regard to clip-on braces, I suppose that we're just going to have to disagree. I simply fail to understand why someone would go to the trouble and expense of getting a pair of bespoke trousers that cost $1000 or more at full retail, and then wear them with an accessory that looks (to me, at least) as though it came from Men's Wearhouse.

+1.
post #1773 of 1779
Don't think I haven't noticed all the posters pretending ironically to not notice how cool it is to wear something not-cool ironically.
post #1774 of 1779
Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeyman View Post

I'm persuaded - from now on, I'm going to wear one of these with my bespoke shirts:

http://www.tiesncuffs.com.au/collections/clip-on-ties

It's fast, it's easy, it's quick to get on and off, and you get the perfect knot every time!!

The clip-on tie doesn't have the ease and comfort of these:

http://www.amazon.com/Tuxedo-T-shirt-hilarious-funny-gag/dp/B0012GR3ME

And then afterwards when you're invited to the afterparty, just easily and comfortably change into this:

http://www.amazon.com/Tuxedo-Tees-After-Party-T-Shirt/dp/B004NP8UN2
post #1775 of 1779
Good God, this thread is like watching an episode of Frasier.

If you don't like his pants great. If you do like his pants, great.

No one needs to behave childish by mocking others.
post #1776 of 1779
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopey View Post

Don't think I haven't noticed all the posters pretending ironically to not notice how cool it is to wear something not-cool ironically.

Not at this price and the length of time it takes to receive them...
post #1777 of 1779
Quote:
Originally Posted by chestercopperpot View Post

Good God, this thread is like watching an episode of Frasier.

If you don't like his pants great. If you do like his pants, great.

No one needs to behave childish by mocking others.

I bet your pants suck!
post #1778 of 1779
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

I bet your pants suck!

touché, Chris.
post #1779 of 1779
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post


I bet your pants suck!

 

Well that would be a winning invention.  For single men or those married for a while... 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ambrosi Napoli