or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ambrosi Napoli
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ambrosi Napoli - Page 88

post #1306 of 1785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newcomer View Post

I just don't see the value of associating your business with him.

Have you seen how many buttons come with each pair of pants? How could anyone resist in the face of such overwhelming buttonery?
post #1307 of 1785
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

Have you seen how many buttons come with each pair of pants? How could anyone resist in the face of such overwhelming buttonery?

The button : price ratio is through the roof. Arguably the best in the business.

I will not disagree with that.
post #1308 of 1785
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post

Important update:
Salvatore sent me a message moments ago asking for an opportunity to resolve the situation on his next visit to New York in October. Until we have talked things out privately, I am going to silence myself here (well, more or less). I'd ask that everyone reserve judgment until further details arise.

For someone who's "silenced" himself, you've said a hell of a lot, including projecting an experience onto Manton that Manton didn't actually experience. If I were Salvatore, I would tread with caution about brokering any sort of a deal with you. Seems like he's doing just fine without your business. As I see it, you're expecting Rubi-level customer service from a man who offers goods at a small fraction of their price. When you tired of the one-button stance on your Rubi's, Mariano happily recut the coats because his margins on a $5k+ suit are huge enough to allow for that. Salvatore gave you pants with pockets that were other than what you exactly had in mind and that had to be let out a bit to accomodate your pudge belly. You demanded that he make brand new pants from scratch with brand new cloth that he would ostensibly have to globe-trot around the world to source to please you. Essentially, at 600 a pop, you're requesting that he take an enormous financial loss to accomodate your tantrum. He did the logical thing and agreed not to play ball at the time. Now that he's put a plan in place to satisfy you, you agree (with yourself) to STFU and then break your own promise by concocting a false story about an experience Manton never had. Personally, I'd never do business with you again, but hey, I'm not a tailor.
post #1309 of 1785
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaymanS View Post

For someone who's "silenced" himself, you've said a hell of a lot, including projecting an experience onto Manton that Manton didn't actually experience. If I were Salvatore, I would tread with caution about brokering any sort of a deal with you. Seems like he's doing just fine without your business. As I see it, you're expecting Rubi-level customer service from a man who offers goods at a small fraction of their price. When you tired of the one-button stance on your Rubi's, Mariano happily recut the coats because his margins on a $5k+ suit are huge enough to allow for that. Salvatore gave you pants with pockets that were other than what you exactly had in mind and that had to be let out a bit to accomodate your pudge belly. You demanded that he make brand new pants from scratch with brand new cloth that he would ostensibly have to globe-trot around the world to source to please you. Essentially, at 600 a pop, you're requesting that he take an enormous financial loss to accomodate your tantrum. He did the logical thing and agreed not to play ball at the time. Now that he's put a plan in place to satisfy you, you agree (with yourself) to STFU and then break your own promise by concocting a false story about an experience Manton never had. Personally, I'd never do business with you again, but hey, I'm not a tailor.

I'm not Foo, but I think that you should re-read the thread as your post does not seem to be accurate.

Whilst Foo did make a comment about Manton's experience, it concerned Manton's dealings with Solito, not with Ambrosi. Thus, Foo didn't break his silence about Ambrosi and, as far as I can see, all that Mafoofan said was, "If a tailor stopped visiting after promising to come, and I had to fly to his country to get my clothes (albeit, only pay him once I got there), I'd lose it." Manton then corrected him by saying that Solito delivered everything that had been ordered, but that he hasn't been back to the US since, and Foo then apologised. I think that it's a bit harsh to categorise that as "break(ing) your own promise by concocting a false story about an experience Manton never had."

Foo ordered trousers with particular pockets, and he ordered trousers with updated measurements. The trousers he received did not match his request, so he asked for them to be remade so they did.

If I was paying $800 per pair for trousers and they were a) made in contravention of a very clear request and b) didn't fit properly as a result of that contravention, I'd certainly be asking that they be remade or I'd be asking for a full refund, too.
post #1310 of 1785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeyman View Post

I'm not Foo, but I think that you should re-read the thread as your post does not seem to be accurate.
Whilst Foo did make a comment about Manton's experience, it concerned Manton's dealings with Solito, not with Ambrosi. Thus, Foo didn't break his silence about Ambrosi and, as far as I can see, all that Mafoofan said was, "If a tailor stopped visiting after promising to come, and I had to fly to his country to get my clothes (albeit, only pay him once I got there), I'd lose it." Manton then corrected him by saying that Solito delivered everything that had been ordered, but that he hasn't been back to the US since, and Foo then apologised. I think that it's a bit harsh to categorise that as "break(ing) your own promise by concocting a false story about an experience Manton never had."
Foo ordered trousers with particular pockets, and he ordered trousers with updated measurements. The trousers he received did not match his request, so he asked for them to be remade so they did.
If I was paying $800 per pair for trousers and they were a) made in contravention of a very clear request and b) didn't fit properly as a result of that contravention, I'd certainly be asking that they be remade or I'd be asking for a full refund, too.

Well, Matt also said:

"I didn't gain weight after the trousers were made. I ordered the trousers (all eleven) because I had already gained weight and needed them to be made a bit larger around the waist as compared to my existing pattern. The first pair was made with this adjustment. The subsequent ones were not. If it were not so, the first pair would not have been made with a larger waist to begin with. Salvatore can confirm."

Continuing to make accusations and then asking Salvatore to confirm is "silence"?

Hmm...
post #1311 of 1785

This is still going on?

 

Maybe the Armoury has the Triad holding Ambrosi hostage to make pants...

post #1312 of 1785
Quote:
Originally Posted by emptym View Post

I wouldn't say he's defrauded a lot of his customers. Many received their pants late. A few haven't received theirs yet. And one or two received them with substantial mistakes. But he also has many satisfied customers.
This is not to excuse the mistakes or delays, just an attempt to keep things accurate.

Out of interest, does SF have an advertising or other business relationship with Ambrosi?

It's never clear these days who is selling what and when.
post #1313 of 1785
No. Not that I'm aware of. I don't have anything to do with that stuff officially, but I think I'd know, even if we just had something in the works w/ ambrosi. I believe though, like you and others have said, that he's got enough business in Asia to keep him busy w/o our orders.
post #1314 of 1785
I have just had word from Salvatore that my pants will be delivered on Monday. I will let everyone know when they get here.
post #1315 of 1785
Be sure to count the buttons. Don't accept any fewer than you paid for!
post #1316 of 1785
I dont believe that I will have to count buttons. Salvatore gave me a very generious offer back in March. Truth be told I would have rather paid full price and had my pants in 6 months instead of 21 months. I am just happy that there is now a light at the end of the tunnel.
post #1317 of 1785
Quote:
Originally Posted by davesmith View Post

Fake Ambrosi.. That's a new one!

fauxbrosis?
Quote:
Originally Posted by chogall View Post

This is still going on?

Maybe the Armoury has the Triad holding Ambrosi hostage to make pants...

Or maybe teh Triads just make sure Ambrosi has a good time when he's in town. Show me a pentsmaker who won't deliver after you've taken him out for good eats + drinks and awesome karaoke, which led to drunken posting on SF and much hilarity. Ah, good times!
post #1318 of 1785
Quote:
Originally Posted by emptym View Post

I wouldn't say he's defrauded a lot of his customers. Many received their pants late. A few haven't received theirs yet. And one or two received them with substantial mistakes. But he also has many satisfied customers.
This is not to excuse the mistakes or delays, just an attempt to keep things accurate.

You might want to include the part about Ambrosi coming on the forum taunting and even insulting his customers.  

post #1319 of 1785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred49 View Post

I dont believe that I will have to count buttons. Salvatore gave me a very generious offer back in March. Truth be told I would have rather paid full price and had my pants in 6 months instead of 21 months. I am just happy that there is now a light at the end of the tunnel.

I hope it works out for you Fred. If so, post some pics. It would be nice to see some nice pants.
post #1320 of 1785
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy View Post

I hope it works out for you Fred. If so, post some pics. It would be nice to see some nice pants.
Fingers and toes crossed for Monday
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ambrosi Napoli