or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ambrosi Napoli
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ambrosi Napoli - Page 87

post #1291 of 1857
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred49 View Post

No Frankie I just want a man who took my money to send me what I ordered almost 1 year and 10 months ago.

And people, knowing how poor he is at following up on orders, still decide to commission trousers with him? Amazing. I'm not one to judge, but I wouldn't knowingly order from somebody who has a stellar ability at collecting, and a poor track record of delivery.
post #1292 of 1857
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred49 View Post


No Frankie I just want a man who took my money to send me what I ordered almost 1 year and 10 months ago.

I hear you, my post wass dripping with sarcasm, on your side, this Ambrosi guy is unbelievable. 

post #1293 of 1857
To be perfectly clear, at the time I placed my order, I had no idea that he was unreliable.
post #1294 of 1857
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie22 View Post

I hear you, my post wass dripping with sarcasm, on your side, this Ambrosi guy is unbelievable. 
Ok my mistake..
post #1295 of 1857
Quote:
Originally Posted by bboysdontcryy View Post

And people, knowing how poor he is at following up on orders, still decide to commission trousers with him? Amazing. I'm not one to judge, but I wouldn't knowingly order from somebody who has a stellar ability at collecting, and a poor track record of delivery.

But you don't understand how good the pants are! foo.gif


Honestly, I don't think he's gotten a new SF order since the first reports of problems here which makes sense.

I've voted with my feet in that regard but it's sad since, joking aside, they're the best fitting pants I've ever worn.
post #1296 of 1857

I was considering ordering a couple pairs as well.

All set with that....

post #1297 of 1857
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabrigian View Post

But you don't understand how good the pants are! foo.gif
Honestly, I don't think he's gotten a new SF order since the first reports of problems here which makes sense.
I've voted with my feet in that regard but it's sad since, joking aside, they're the best fitting pants I've ever worn.

Would you regard them as being better fitted than trousers on the Row? Finishing aside.
post #1298 of 1857
Maybe you need to order them through The Armoury to get them delivered on a human time-scale...
post #1299 of 1857
Thanks Butch I have contacted the Armoury and they did get in touch with him. Then in the beginning of September he claimed they(da pents) had been sent incorrectly by his assistant. On Oct 22 he said they were being sent out yet again. Buuutttt my zip code was incorrect. The post office in Pasadena says this is the correct zip code and it has been the same for 15 years. I have emailed him 5 times to get a tracking number without any luck. I am having trouble with his delivery promise as I placed an order with Vanda (HongKong) and received the product in 2 days. I thought I would take my gripe to SF as there was some movement by Salvatore the last time. Where is foo.gif? he was involved in this the last time. I wonder if he has received his 10 pents.
post #1300 of 1857
Wasn't Foo supposed to met up with him and work it out in NYC? How did that go?
post #1301 of 1857
You will have to ask foo.gif I have no idea.
post #1302 of 1857
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred49 View Post

Thanks Butch I have contacted the Armoury and they did get in touch with him. Then in the beginning of September he claimed they(da pents) had been sent incorrectly by his assistant. On Oct 22 he said they were being sent out yet again. Buuutttt my zip code was incorrect. The post office in Pasadena says this is the correct zip code and it has been the same for 15 years. I have emailed him 5 times to get a tracking number without any luck. I am having trouble with his delivery promise as I placed an order with Vanda (HongKong) and received the product in 2 days. I thought I would take my gripe to SF as there was some movement by Salvatore the last time. Where is foo.gif? he was involved in this the last time. I wonder if he has received his 10 pents.

At the risk of sounding pedantic, Vanda's in Singapore, but I understand what you mean - shipping excuse after shipping excuse makes things sound decidedly dodgy.

Whilst I have no dog in this fight, I do think that it's a pity that The Armoury is using Ambrosi even though it is clear that he has failed to deliver on orders placed a long time ago by existing customers. Whilst it's certainly not beholden on them to do so, it would have been nice, given their SF connections, if they'd told Ambrosi that they'd like to use him but that he had to deliver on existing orders first before they would place any orders with him. I suppose that is far too idealistic of me...

It's also interesting - but perhaps not surprising - that when a business acts as an intermediary, Ambrosi seems to deliver the goods but when an individual orders with Ambrosi - even if that person is a good, repeat customer - they end up getting stuffed around for one or two years.
post #1303 of 1857
Good points. The Armoury guys have said that he has done a very good job with their customers. Oh well we will see if he makes good this time around. I will post it if he does
post #1304 of 1857
I have to agree completely with you Journeyman. I love the guys at The Armoury, and they have always done me well. But I was a bit shocked that they were willing to work with an 'artisan' who has used questionable practices with a lot of his loyal customers. 'Talent' and 'quality' and 'value' aside, I just don't see the value of associating your business with him.

And I don't really think it is too idealistic, considering that what has always drawn me to The Armoury is their customer service.

Edited for posterity, and accuracy.
Edited by Newcomer - 11/7/12 at 5:50pm
post #1305 of 1857
I wouldn't say he's defrauded a lot of his customers. Many received their pants late. A few haven't received theirs yet. And one or two received them with substantial mistakes. But he also has many satisfied customers.

This is not to excuse the mistakes or delays, just an attempt to keep things accurate.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ambrosi Napoli