or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ambrosi Napoli
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ambrosi Napoli - Page 70

post #1036 of 1859
I'll allow that it can sometimes take longer to get things done in Italy, especially if anywhere in the neighborhood of August, and emails can sometimes go unreturned. But I'm talking about outright dishonesty and cheating, which I think is rare.
post #1037 of 1859
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post

Is there any chance that the mods will lock this thread as absolutely nothing positive is coming out of it from this point on and will obviously turn into a bitch fest and this is the kind if thing that is killing this forum.

How does that kill the forum?confused.gif
post #1038 of 1859
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post

weeeeeeeellllll, yes and noooo ...
My experience with the Italians has been good, I've never not gotten what I paid for, etc. However, one does, IME, need to accept a certain level of ... insouciance if one wishes to avail oneself of their services. Calls not returned, trips announced but not made, goods declared finished but not shipped, and long, loooooong delays are par for the course.
But I am happy with everything I have bought and I think I got a great value. The style is great, the quality is there, etc. I factor in the hassle and delays and just conclude that they're worth it.
I have had good experience with Ambrosi. He not only made good quality stuff, but he was easy to deal with and delivered more or less as promised. the biggest problems occurred when we missed a fitting because of poor communication which was my fault as much as his. On one occasion, he delivered trousers to my Rome hotel room in advance of my arrival for which I was grateful since I had what I needed for a trip with less worry about packing. I know, because the hotel told me, that he had called them several times, both before and after they were sent, to make sure the process went well. On the other hand, I am still witing for a suitcoat from Solito (three years later). The irony is that it was ordered when he and Ambrosi were travelling together. Ambrosi delivered the trousers and it was Solito that has left me hanging.

None of this has anything to do with, or negates, Foo's issues with Ambrosi, but my experience has been different (I also was fortunate and didn't need anything corrected, which made things simpler for me).

I don't need anything new and have been tailing off my bespoke orders to whatever is still in process for now, so I am not ordering anything from Ambrosi on his current NY trip. If I did need something, I would consider ordering something from him again, but I would certainly want to talk to him about what has been going on as reliability would be a concern.
post #1039 of 1859
Thread Starter 
]thanks, my grandfather always told me: speak ill or well of you no matter the important and we are talking about .. see him speak evil, but at the same time you my clients, spoken well of my pants. thank you sir foo.gif Free advertising for
Edited by Ambrosi - 9/9/12 at 12:19am
post #1040 of 1859
Is Ambrosi saying that the trousers were initially made correctly? Or that the altered trousers should be satisfactory?
post #1041 of 1859
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambrosi View Post

]thanks, my grandfather always told me: speak ill or well of you no matter the important and we are talking about .. see him speak evil, but at the same time you my clients, spoken well of my pants. thank you sir foo.gif Free advertising for
they spoke well of the pants but there needs to be some clarification about how you're handling clients and your delivery of pents.
post #1042 of 1859
Whatever the outcome, he's lost more in future business than he gained from Mafoofan's pre-paid 9-10 pants. This cyber black eye will be visible for a long time for any new potential customers and will impact his business for at least the short-midterm. Personally, I think he's being penny wise and tons foolish. As a businessman, I would have made this right long ago. His responses so far are not doing him any favors. His 'handlers' should reign him in and get him under control before he completely destroys his brand.
post #1043 of 1859
Quote:
Originally Posted by ykurtz View Post

Whatever the outcome, he's lost more in future business than he gained from Mafoofan's pre-paid 9-10 pants. This cyber black eye will be visible for a long time for any new potential customers and will impact his business for at least the short-midterm. Personally, I think he's being penny wise and tons foolish. As a businessman, I would have made this right long ago. His responses so far are not doing him any favors. His 'handlers' should reign him in and get him under control before he completely destroys his brand.
do you think he is worried? seems he has too much business as it is
post #1044 of 1859
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm View Post

do you think he is worried? seems he has too much business as it is

The sartorial community is relatively small. He's like a silicon valley start up that secured $5 million dollars and feels like partying it up. Well, enjoy the Louis XIII's while you can. If and when he fails, or irreparably damages his reputation, people will remember his past doings when he reaches out for another chance. Yes, this could be a 'Crime and Misdemeanors' scenario where he gets off scott free. But in a world where just about anything is available on the web (think trailer guy voice), he's not doing himself any favors.
post #1045 of 1859
Thread Starter 
I had back problems 2 years now I have solved everything, but the quality has always been the same, even when you have received your pants you said you were beautiful .. now return to NYC next month and I have many customers who want to order pants .. also customers of this forum, and other manton already have taken their appointment ..
post #1046 of 1859
Seems like your service(not quality) is shit!
post #1047 of 1859
Is he drunk or is his english poor?
post #1048 of 1859
as much as i side with foo on this one, i really want to try ambrosi pents now... if he can be such an asshole to his clients while still being in business his pants must be fucking magical.
post #1049 of 1859
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxgenius View Post

Is he drunk or is his english poor?

He is Italian so English is not his first language..
post #1050 of 1859
Quote:
Originally Posted by unbelragazzo View Post

I'll allow that it can sometimes take longer to get things done in Italy, especially if anywhere in the neighborhood of August, and emails can sometimes go unreturned. But I'm talking about outright dishonesty and cheating, which I think is rare.

You must have never spend much time south of Rome.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ambrosi Napoli