or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › California Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

California Appreciation Thread - Page 16

post #226 of 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post
Convince me to visit California. I have never been there, but people tell me I have to go. I have no desire. What might change my mind?

It'll feel good when you return home.

lefty
post #227 of 391
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty View Post
It'll feel good when you return home. lefty
I hope you get locked in a church with Bartholomew Cubbins.
post #228 of 391
All children, dumb animals, and Dr. Seuss characters are safe from my disapproving ire. Edit: in retrospect that seems to include most everyone in CA so maybe it's time I reviewed the list. lefty
post #229 of 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty View Post
All children, dumb animals, and Dr. Seuss characters are safe from my disapproving ire.

Edit: in retrospect that seems to include most everyone in CA so maybe it's time I reviewed the list.

lefty

Dr Seuss used to live in La Jolla.
post #230 of 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcaimen View Post
Dr Seuss used to live in La Jolla.



lefty
post #231 of 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty View Post


lefty

JFC, hurry up and drink the kool aid already. The sooner you do the sooner you can get on with enjoying the awesome that is California.
post #232 of 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post
Convince me to visit California. I have never been there, but people tell me I have to go. I have no desire. What might change my mind? I should probably add that I don't like nature, the beach, doing drugs, or hiking in canyons.
Don't go. Nothing beats running through opened fire hydrants to cool down while someone cranks the Beastie Boys on the "blaster". Besides, did you know there's a young adult cultural renaissance in a part of NY called "Brooklyn"? Bababooey.
post #233 of 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal View Post
JFC, hurry up and drink the kool aid already. The sooner you do the sooner you can get on with enjoying the awesome that is California.

I fear the opposite is happening. It's breaking my will to live and I'm a week and a half away from becoming one of the shuffling zombies of the TL.

lefty
post #234 of 391
Thread Starter 
post #235 of 391
Any recs on what to see or visit in San Diego? I will be there next week for 1 whole week.
post #236 of 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblova View Post
Any recs on what to see or visit in San Diego? I will be there next week for 1 whole week.

The zoo is one of the best in the world.

Balboa Park is lovely, as are the museums there.

Coronado Island (not an island BTW). The Hotel.

The mission.

Nuclear aircraft carriers.

Mission Bay.

The proper pronunciation is "San Day-go."
post #237 of 391
Thread Starter 
I was going to recommend counting grains of sand, but Manton's suggestions are also very good.
post #238 of 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordecai View Post

Yeah, I hate driving too. I'll stay put.
post #239 of 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post
The zoo is one of the best in the world.

Balboa Park is lovely, as are the museums there.

Coronado Island (not an island BTW). The Hotel.

The mission.

Nuclear aircraft carriers.

Mission Bay.

The proper pronunciation is "San Day-go."

Thanks!
I have some of those on my list as well as the various burrito places. Any recs for food(sushi)?
post #240 of 391
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post
I'll stay put.
Mission accomplished! And speaking of Missions, everyone's favorite 4th grade project:
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › California Appreciation Thread