or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Crucifixion Nails Found in Tomb
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Crucifixion Nails Found in Tomb

post #1 of 24
Thread Starter 
http://www.smh.com.au/world/crucifix...413-1de2k.html
post #2 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by meister View Post
Doubtful, but will pay attention as the story goes. And isn't there some crown or something that contains the metal from a nail used on Jesus? How many nails were used...jeez.....
post #3 of 24
post #4 of 24
This the same tomb as discussed in this thread? http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=31327
post #5 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm84321 View Post

"Those belong in a museum!!"

"So do you Dr. Jones."
post #6 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.R. View Post
Doubtful, but will pay attention as the story goes.


And isn't there some crown or something that contains the metal from a nail used on Jesus? How many nails were used...jeez.....

Supposedly three.
post #7 of 24
Well, so long as Simcha says so, it must be true.
post #8 of 24
Why would Jesus' crucifixion nails be in Caiaphas's tomb? It's a logical jump caused by sensationalistic wishful thinking. There is huge amount of genuine archaeological information that verify various aspects of the Biblical record. Making them up ultimately only undermines the real ones in the minds of the already skeptical.
post #9 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanC View Post
Why would Jesus' crucifixion nails be in Caiaphas's tomb? It's a logical jump caused by sensationalistic wishful thinking.

There is huge amount of genuine archaeological information that verify various aspects of the Biblical record. Making them up ultimately only undermines the real ones in the minds of the already skeptical.

Name two.
post #10 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fang66 View Post
Name two.

You do realize the man you are challenging is a trained theologian, right?
post #11 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
You do realize the man you are challenging is a trained theologian, right?

Theology =/= archeology and he is a trained in theology so that means he knows a lot about imaginary beings right?

Anyway if he can point me towards any reliable extra biblical evidence of the supernatural claims of the bible I would be most interested.
post #12 of 24
Really stupid reasoning in that article.
post #13 of 24
Maybe there are still traces of DNA on these. Scientists will be able to resurrect jesus, but this time it will be in a petri dish. They'll use stem cells from a fetus and will have to implant it in a woman's vaginal. What if her name is Mary? What if the story of jesus was really a prediction of the future? It would connect the dots after all this time and the story would make sense.
post #14 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosu3 View Post
Maybe there are still traces of DNA on these. Scientists will be able to resurrect jesus, but this time it will be in a petri dish. They'll use stem cells from a fetus and will have to implant it in a woman's vaginal. What if her name is Mary? What if the story of jesus was really a prediction of the future? It would connect the dots after all this time and the story would make sense.

post #15 of 24
^ Talk about self fulfilling prophecy.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Crucifixion Nails Found in Tomb