• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Case. Decide for yourselves.

AE7

Reaction score
I am not sure where to post it.

I've recently won a Z Zegna suit on American Ebay. Seller is resident in UK, as I am.

The seller claimed it to be a:

"Beautiful Italian designer suit.

New with tags. 84% wool, 16 mohair.

Purchased for £549.00 for a wedding & never worn due to size.

Ermenegildo Zegna is reknowned for designing sophisticated, classic suits.

Happy bidding."

Now what I received is a damaged suit with rips, holes and stains throughout jacket and pants. To add to that, the suits has a persistent smell of dry cleaning products, the waistband of pants is soiled, the pants tag is discolored. wrinkled, and has a stapler punctured wholes indicative of the dry cleaning service. For some strange reason pants were put in a black garbage bag separately.

I've contacted a seller and opened an ebay case.

Now, what is interesting that the seller: 1)escalated this case; 2) claims that the suit was new when she shipped it; 3) will only refund if she receives it in a claimed condition (i.e. new); 4) is leaving for holiday until 24-th of April.

I am currently awaiting Resolution Center decision. Just wanted to share this issue with you. Will appreciate reaction. Let me know if I should post it in a different thread/subforum.

5c8999db94d7.jpg

6006c1cf2229.jpg

b9246bc28baf.jpg

30095d43ceba.jpg

6b9e926bcd90.jpg

d996c179b80c.jpg

7a155be3c8d5.jpg

fd61c9e837df.jpg

bdc13ce3a9e0.jpg

0f7824dcd277.jpg

ec3879c1dae4.jpg

4ea04307fbfa.jpg

7574cbba57ef.jpg

0629d95ce8a1.jpg

aa6296622f81.jpg

6853dcaf45c4.jpg

a954f40ea61b.jpg

f117bcdb2eda.jpg

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"New with tags" WTF?

lovelux2010

Reaction score
i would send this link to Ebay - perhaps they'll move on the resolution a bit faster..

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would be too kind to suggest that perhaps the seller sent the wrong suit. You should win your case with ease.

alphaO888

Reaction score
This is when being a "VIP" member of paypal comes in handy. They're probably going to rule in your favor. Everything will be based upon your word vs hers and they'll look at history, etc. But I wouldn't be surprised if they made her refund you after you ship back the damaged suit.

Nicola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AE7

Purchased for £549.00 for a wedding & never worn due to size.

she shipped it;

She bought a suit that didn't fit? Smells even before you received it

Icehawk

Reaction score
Clearly that's NWT, you must be blind!

Damn, that sucks good luck with your PP claim - if you did payment via CC through Paypal you have that option as well.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lovelux2010
i would send this link to Ebay - perhaps they'll move on the resolution a bit faster..

+1

AE7

Reaction score
Thanks guys! I am surprised with the reaction of the seller - instead of admitting the fault, she (the PayPal recipient is a woman, the ebay user id is unisex) insists that the suit is (was) new and escalates the case herself. I can foresee the possibility that the seller will claim that I damaged the suit. Now the PayPal does not allow me to open a case because I have already opened an Ebay case. I also would like to be refunded for a return post, but under Ebay protection policies, these costs are not covered as far as I understood them. Will post back once I receive a reply from Ebay.
Originally Posted by lovelux2010
Originally Posted by taxgenius
+1
I've called Ebay customer support and they told me just to wait for the Resolution Center decision (within 72 hours). I would love to send the link and/or the pictures but I dont know the address - I guess if I send it to general ebay email I would be attended to by the end of this century, although I might be wrong.

prady

Reaction score
Its a easy win... ebay will rule in ur favor...

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just tracked down the original ebay listing. The photos of the suit is from a very far perspective. And the trousers can't be seen easily in the pics.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Link to original auction?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads