or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Going to Vegas next week; Can I wear these dress shoes with dark denim??
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Going to Vegas next week; Can I wear these dress shoes with dark denim?? - Page 2

post #16 of 53
If the desert boots are in a darker colour, would they not be suitable in place of the other (awful) shoes you have posted?

Desert boots are generally SF approved.
post #17 of 53
At least wear brown shoes with your dark denim... Hell, your Clarks look better than those monstrosities.
post #18 of 53
Burn those.

Black only with black.
post #19 of 53
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by inimitable View Post
If the desert boots are in a darker colour, would they not be suitable in place of the other (awful) shoes you have posted?

Desert boots are generally SF approved.

the desert boots are the beeswax color...i dont know if they will turn me down at the door with those on though?

also, they would look silly with a black blazer, am i right?
post #20 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefastlife View Post
am i right?

No. Get the desert boots. Get a pair of bucks. Get a pair of weejuns. But cheap black leather shoes are a bad idea with jeans.

First rule: do not wear black dress shoes with jeans.
Second rule: do NOT wear black dress shoes with jeans.
post #21 of 53
Beeswax are a great option for jeans man...just do it.
post #22 of 53
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrateCustomer View Post
Beeswax are a great option for jeans man...just do it.


i have them already, they look awesome. i question how they would look with a black blazer is all
post #23 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefastlife View Post
i have them already, they look awesome. i question how they would look with a black blazer is all

Any minute now, someone will show up here and rant at great length about how if it's black it's not a blazer. If you're lucky, they'll even mention the Royal Navy ship of the same name. Don't let them put you off though...

The more pressing point would be whether a black jacket over dark blue jeans is a good idea, and that might depend on the shirt. What's the jacket made of?
post #24 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grenadier View Post
All of those shoes are horrendous. You'll be in Vegas, go drop in at Neiman Marcus, Salvatore Ferragamo, Gucci, or Tom Ford and get a pair of black loafers.

assuming the OP is made of money, particularly in Tom Ford case...

I love the way you put it in a matter of factly way, sure no problem, just go in and spend a few grand on a pair of shoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom_s252 View Post
Any minute now, someone will show up here and rant at great length about how if it's black it's not a blazer.

Black is a color, a Blazer is a piece of clothing. Just kidding.
post #25 of 53
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom_s252 View Post
Any minute now, someone will show up here and rant at great length about how if it's black it's not a blazer. If you're lucky, they'll even mention the Royal Navy ship of the same name. Don't let them put you off though...

The more pressing point would be whether a black jacket over dark blue jeans is a good idea, and that might depend on the shirt. What's the jacket made of?

black wool jacket
post #26 of 53
No offense but to everyone who's giving him a hard time about his shoes, please remember this guy is going to Vegas and not Monte Carlo. 95% of the people in Vegas are degenerates and the place is dirty anyway. If anything just wear a pair of sneakers if you're not dressing up and if you are those shoes are fine. As long as you're spending money at the tables people could care less.
post #27 of 53
With a black jacket and black shoes over dark denim you will look just like everyone else in vegas. If you have black trousers to match the coat I would go that route.
post #28 of 53
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaO888 View Post
No offense but to everyone who's giving him a hard time about his shoes, please remember this guy is going to Vegas and not Monte Carlo.

95% of the people in Vegas are degenerates and the place is dirty anyway.

If anything just wear a pair of sneakers if you're not dressing up and if you are those shoes are fine. As long as you're spending money at the tables people could care less.


thanks and i appreciate it, but id also like to party/club/pick up women so i dont want to look like a total herb
post #29 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaO888 View Post
No offense but to everyone who's giving him a hard time about his shoes, please remember this guy is going to Vegas and not Monte Carlo.

95% of the people in Vegas are degenerates and the place is dirty anyway.

If anything just wear a pair of sneakers if you're not dressing up and if you are those shoes are fine. As long as you're spending money at the tables people could care less.

+1

99% of people in Vegas are far more interested in gambling and/or drinking than what you're wearing. You see more people in sweats than dress shoes. Wear whatever's comfortable - you're probably going to do a LOT of time walking, unless you're wanting to fork over money for cabs (which would be surprising considering your shoe budget).

If you want to get into a decent club, you'll need leather shoes. But, as was mentioned, you'll probably spend more than your shoe budget in that club. Pass on those loafers and save your cash for the bartender.
post #30 of 53
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesecondprize View Post
+1

99% of people in Vegas are far more interested in gambling and/or drinking than what you're wearing. You see more people in sweats than dress shoes. Wear whatever's comfortable - you're probably going to do a LOT of time walking, unless you're wanting to fork over money for cabs (which would be surprising considering your shoe budget).

If you want to get into a decent club, you'll need leather shoes. But, as was mentioned, you'll probably spend more than your shoe budget in that club. Pass on those loafers and save your cash for the bartender.


technically arent desert boots leather? i still feel they may give me a hard time with them and im sure the dark brown beeswax doesnt go with a black blazer
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Going to Vegas next week; Can I wear these dress shoes with dark denim??