or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Does this suit fit?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Does this suit fit? - Page 2

post #16 of 36
You need a 36, and also no slouchin when trying to check the size, stand as upright as possible. It looks like you are being consumed by the jacket.
post #17 of 36
You have my body type. Try a 36S
post #18 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGrotius View Post
You have my body type. Try a 36S

The suit fits, just get a short. And don't go down in size unless you want to look like PeeWee Herman. Your shoulders will also broaden in a year when you grow up and the 36 will be way too tight.
post #19 of 36
Thread Starter 
So a 38S would be appropriate? It would have the shortened arm length but only 1 cm down on the shoulders
post #20 of 36
Thread Starter 
Oh I forgot to add I'm 5'6
post #21 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpham700 View Post
Oh I forgot to add I'm 5'6

You need a short on this alone.
post #22 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpham700 View Post

Photographs of a youth looking at a mobile device are hardly any way to present a suit. If you are not a troll take a while to see how others present such questions (ie all the views offered) then start again.
post #23 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Asquith View Post
The suit fits, just get a short.

+1, and don't listen to whoever said "no slouchin and stand as upright as possible". When trying on clothing, always try to use your natural posture and NOT stand upright (if this is unnatural).
post #24 of 36
Yeah get a short one, that will fit you well.

Real nice suit btw, when it fits good.
post #25 of 36
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBR View Post
Photographs of a youth looking at a mobile device are hardly any way to present a suit. If you are not a troll take a while to see how others present such questions (ie all the views offered) then start again.

My apologies, this photo was taken for my personal use. I was going between separate stores to see which suit I liked the most. I only posted it here because the store no longer runs my sizes and I want SF's opinion before I buy a suit from an online retailer.
post #26 of 36
One indicator that the shoulders are too large is if it feels heavy on your shoulders because it's pulling on the sides from drooping off.
post #27 of 36
Also, I'm surprised no one does this: Measure your chest. Although sizing varies greatly between brands, the Jacket size should match for your chest size. For example, a 38 chest size should wear size 38 jackets and suits.
post #28 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturdays View Post
You need a 36, and also no slouchin when trying to check the size, stand as upright as possible. It looks like you are being consumed by the jacket.

Yeah you should definitely strike a pose rather than standing like you always do.
post #29 of 36
Thread Starter 
Alright, I'll definitely take a well-posed picture with my DSLR after I decide on a suit and have it fitted.

Does who knows about RLBL know if the short would have a shorter shoulder measurement than the R?
post #30 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpham700 View Post
Alright, I'll definitely take a well-posed picture with my DSLR after I decide on a suit and have it fitted.

Does who knows about RLBL know if the short would have a shorter shoulder measurement than the R?

I hope you're not responding to me. I was kidding man please don't "stand up straight" when trying on a suit unless you plan on standing like that for the rest of your natural life. It totally changes the front-rear balance, and a million other things. You want it to look good all the time, not just when you're working on your "I'm a soldier!" stance.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Does this suit fit?