or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoo Porn Theard
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoo Porn Theard - Page 486

post #7276 of 11784
^ +1 biggrin.gif
post #7277 of 11784
So, it has been around four years since I picked up my first (and only) pair of G&Gs, and I just wanted to do a little photo update. If this does not show the worth of a good pair of shoes (with proper maintenance), then I do not know what will! They are still on their first sole, but I have worn them fairly frequently. At least a few times a month. They have been polished and conditioned after every wear. They are Grants on the TG73 last. Without a doubt the most comfortable pair of shoes I own.


AppleMark

AppleMark
AppleMark






post #7278 of 11784
you certainly take good care of them. kudos. they look great.
post #7279 of 11784
Wow - you take great care of them!

Look beautiful!
post #7280 of 11784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newcomer View Post

So, it has been around four years since I picked up my first (and only) pair of G&Gs, and I just wanted to do a little photo update. If this does not show the worth of a good pair of shoes (with proper maintenance), then I do not know what will! They are still on their first sole, but I have worn them fairly frequently. At least a few times a month. They have been polished and conditioned after every wear. They are Grants on the TG73 last. Without a doubt the most comfortable pair of shoes I own.

 

FOUR years old?  That's amazing.  Do you have taps at the heel and/or toe?

 

Great job and thanks for sharing!

post #7281 of 11784
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

you certainly take good care of them. kudos. they look great.

Thanks bud! As a poor student, I have always tended to take care of my things smile.gif.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbrioni View Post

Wow - you take great care of them!

Look beautiful!

Thanks a bunch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by no frills View Post

FOUR years old?  That's amazing.  Do you have taps at the heel and/or toe?

Great job and thanks for sharing!

No toe or heel taps, just the little plastic bit at the back. Now, mind, you, I do have the advantage of living in the south where I try my best to walk from air conditioned car to air conditioned office / building. But I am fairrrrly OCD. You can see some areas where I kicked the stairs though, scuffed them up, etc.

Really, it amazes me how great shoes look with good care. I swear by the elixir of the gods that is Renovateur.
post #7282 of 11784
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

you certainly take good care of them. kudos. they look great.

+1, wonderful
post #7283 of 11784
Looks great. Thanks for sharing. If you have the time i would like to see some pics of the sole too.
post #7284 of 11784

Fantastic job maintaining those shoes.

post #7285 of 11784

Great Shoe 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newcomer View Post

So, it has been around four years since I picked up my first (and only) pair of G&Gs, and I just wanted to do a little photo update. If this does not show the worth of a good pair of shoes (with proper maintenance), then I do not know what will! They are still on their first sole, but I have worn them fairly frequently. At least a few times a month. They have been polished and conditioned after every wear. They are Grants on the TG73 last. Without a doubt the most comfortable pair of shoes I own.


AppleMark

AppleMark
AppleMark






post #7286 of 11784

Newcomer, those are exquisite! I love the look of worn leather though yours have been barely worn.

post #7287 of 11784
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

sup Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



Anybody know why they crease by the big toe like that? Mine have the same crease and it bugs me a bit, sizing seems spot on. Thought it was cause I got a return but seem to see it quite a bit
post #7288 of 11784
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevent View Post


Anybody know why they crease by the big toe like that? Mine have the same crease and it bugs me a bit, sizing seems spot on. Thought it was cause I got a return but seem to see it quite a bit

 

Because that's where your foot bends?

post #7289 of 11784
Wasn`t really thinking about where I could wear them rolleyes.gif

post #7290 of 11784
Hnnnnng!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoo Porn Theard