Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Gaziano & Girling St James II Cedar/Kudu GMTO Last post on 11/9/15 at 6:58pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- Classic Menswear Lounge Last post on 10/4/16 at 1:48pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 11:54 am in Classic Menswear
- ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. Last post on Today at 4:06 am in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...) - Page 666post #9977 of 216439/26/13 at 7:09pmpost #9978 of 216439/26/13 at 7:15pmpost #9979 of 216439/26/13 at 8:45pm
I really appreciate the help and advice gents.
I live in Singapore, and there is a G&G stockist. Who happens to be a rather famous tailor, if I may put it as such.
The tailor stocks G&G in his personal showroom, where he happens to smoke and drink whisky as well. The shoes have not been done any justice at all in my opinion, and I honestly doubt he has the technical knowhow to address my problem. The leather is dry and the shoes I tried on had been tried on so much that I didn't even bother asking, because they weren't of the original shape. I asked if they had new shoes and they simply asked me to try the fitting shoes on.
I used to wear orthotic insoles as a child, but I disregarded them because at the time all I wore were New Balances, so honestly, I didn't even feel any difference because they were comfy.
Now that I have to move on to structured leather shoes, and walk around quite a bit, then do I realize how important insoles are.
I think the first priority now is to talk to my old orthotic and see if we can somehow find a way to fit the insoles into the shoes without compromising on sizing.
Then I guess I'll head to The Armory in December and see if something can be worked out. If not, I guess I'll have to very grudgingly go bespoke.post #9980 of 216439/26/13 at 9:11pmYou should go to the next G&G trunk show in singapore. Both tony and dean were in Singapore earlier this year. It doesn't get better than when ou are measured by Tony and dean.
http://therakeonline.com/arbiter-mens-style-reviews/an-evening-with-gaziano-and-girling-bespoke-shoes/post #9981 of 216439/26/13 at 9:47pm
I do hope they decide to come back, because I was at the George Cleverley trunk show in Singapore just three days ago and George Glasgow Jr said apparently they weren't coming back anymore because they didn't receive enough bespoke fitting orders, which really makes me wonder what happens to the few clients that did get their bespoke shoes done.post #9982 of 216439/27/13 at 7:21ampost #9983 of 216439/27/13 at 7:22ampost #9984 of 216439/27/13 at 8:59ampost #9985 of 216439/27/13 at 9:21ampost #9986 of 216439/27/13 at 9:23ampost #9987 of 216439/27/13 at 10:06ampost #9988 of 216439/27/13 at 10:15ampost #9989 of 216439/27/13 at 11:56ampost #9990 of 216439/27/13 at 11:57amQuote:
I saw some Burnhams at the factory - I thought it was a wonderful colour (dark oak, highly polished naturally). The shape is very elegant. My only concern would be that perhaps they are too good to wear for riding.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 6 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 13 minutes ago
- › Chelsea Boot Advice 14 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 22 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 29 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 30 minutes ago
- › Double Breasted Style. 30 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 53 minutes ago
- › OFFERING SERVICE OF Bespoke Neapolitan 5-7-12 fold ties 54 minutes ago
- › 2016 MLB Season Thread 59 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...