Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Gaziano & Girling St James II Cedar/Kudu GMTO Last post on 11/9/15 at 6:58pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- Classic Menswear Lounge Last post on 12/14/16 at 11:47am in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:30 am in Classic Menswear
- ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. Last post on Today at 3:13 am in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...) - Page 654post #9796 of 220178/26/13 at 3:05ampost #9797 of 220178/26/13 at 6:59ampost #9798 of 220178/26/13 at 7:04ampost #9799 of 220178/26/13 at 7:22ampost #9800 of 220178/26/13 at 12:34pmQuote:
Stitchy - for your consideration (I only have these pics handy of my Corthays but I did the same with my G&Gs):
1. First, a pic of what the Corthay soles look like with Vibram installed across most of the sole. I leave part of the waist bare, since it doesn't make contact with the pavement anyway in most instances. I also don't feel the need to pay extra to put some on the sole, since I have taps installed for that.
This pair of Corthay "Casanovas" (that's what they are called nowadays) is about a year old and I've worn them about once every two weeks, walking 1.5 miles per wear in the rough streets of NYC. I had the taps replaced once, and the Vibram is still pretty much intact.
2. You might be wondering - eh, those look like horse shoes from the bottom. But you really can't see them.
3. Other angle:post #9801 of 220178/26/13 at 12:54pmi have done that in the past with shoes of mine, but never with my GGs, carminas or CJs. i have no one here to do it, so i would have to send them away, probably b nelson. a dozen pairs at once is costly and will leave me with no shoes. i will probably just do it over time as the shoes need to be resoled. once they need work anyways, ill have them redone with topy.post #9802 of 220178/26/13 at 1:14pmTo further our prior discussion on sizing let me add the following points:
By way of background, I am a US 11.5D sizing in nearly every shoe I've tried except certain athletic shoes. I take a a 10.5E (UK) in John Lobbs.
My first G&G purchase was a pair of Oakhams in an MH71 last. These were ordered in June in a 10.5E and fit very nicely. No real issues at all.
In the last sale I purchased 2 new pair, both in a 10.5E. One was a Hove on the DG70 last and the other was the Westminster on the TG73 last. I could tell from the beginning that both were on the tight side, but felt they would probably be ok.
I've worn both a few times now. The Hove will be fine. With a bit of wear they have broken in well. The Westminsters on the other hand just aren't going to work for me. Both pair are a bit tight on the out step, but the Westminsters are much more so. Really wish now I'd tried both in a size 11. I believe my next order will be a size 11, a half size down from my US size.
That said, the TG73 last seems to fit me much tighter in the outstep and the toe box than either of the other two lasts.post #9803 of 220178/27/13 at 3:11ampost #9804 of 220178/27/13 at 3:27ampost #9805 of 220178/27/13 at 4:01ampost #9806 of 220178/27/13 at 6:20ampost #9807 of 220178/27/13 at 6:52ampost #9808 of 220178/27/13 at 7:09amQuote:Originally Posted by in stitches
i have done that in the past with shoes of mine, but never with my GGs, carminas or CJs. i have no one here to do it, so i would have to send them away, probably b nelson. a dozen pairs at once is costly and will leave me with no shoes. i will probably just do it over time as the shoes need to be resoled. once they need work anyways, ill have them redone with topy.
Stitch - If you can get down to DC, Sky Valet in Georgetown can do it for you. They've put topys on my EGs with no problem.post #9809 of 220178/27/13 at 8:01amQuote:
probably true. the length differential on a half size is pretty negligible.Quote:
that is good info, thanks. i rarely get down there for personal time, so i think id have to mail them either way. but good info to have. if i can make it there, id defo do that.post #9810 of 220178/27/13 at 10:32amI asked about the fit differences between the MH71 last and the TG73 last about a week ago here, and since then decided to pull the trigger on a pair of Mayfair double monks from Leatherfoot. The shoes arrived and for me, the fit is very similar to the MH71. The toe-box does feel slightly lower, but it feels OK for me. I think the toe box also might be a smidge narrower, but it's not tight so no issues there. So I guess for my feet the TG73 works in the same size as MH71.
It seems that the Mayfairs are not all that popular around here, but I kept going back to these when looking for my next pair of G&G's. It would have been nice if these had the fiddleback waist, but in-person, I really like how the double soles look on them, so I think it worked out pretty well for me.
A few quick pics:
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 10 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 17 seconds ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Exotic Leather Goods 1 minute ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 1 minute ago
- › The (hopefully) definitive thread on NYC tailors 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 4 minutes ago
- › NFL 2016-17 Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 9 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...