Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Gaziano & Girling St James II Cedar/Kudu GMTO Last post on 11/9/15 at 6:58pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- Classic Menswear Lounge Last post on 5/21/16 at 12:27pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:15 am in Classic Menswear
- ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. Last post on 5/23/16 at 8:17am in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...) - Page 654post #9796 of 204768/26/13 at 3:05ampost #9797 of 204768/26/13 at 6:59ampost #9798 of 204768/26/13 at 7:04ampost #9799 of 204768/26/13 at 7:22ampost #9800 of 204768/26/13 at 12:34pmQuote:
Stitchy - for your consideration (I only have these pics handy of my Corthays but I did the same with my G&Gs):
1. First, a pic of what the Corthay soles look like with Vibram installed across most of the sole. I leave part of the waist bare, since it doesn't make contact with the pavement anyway in most instances. I also don't feel the need to pay extra to put some on the sole, since I have taps installed for that.
This pair of Corthay "Casanovas" (that's what they are called nowadays) is about a year old and I've worn them about once every two weeks, walking 1.5 miles per wear in the rough streets of NYC. I had the taps replaced once, and the Vibram is still pretty much intact.
2. You might be wondering - eh, those look like horse shoes from the bottom. But you really can't see them.
3. Other angle:post #9801 of 204768/26/13 at 12:54pmi have done that in the past with shoes of mine, but never with my GGs, carminas or CJs. i have no one here to do it, so i would have to send them away, probably b nelson. a dozen pairs at once is costly and will leave me with no shoes. i will probably just do it over time as the shoes need to be resoled. once they need work anyways, ill have them redone with topy.post #9802 of 204768/26/13 at 1:14pmTo further our prior discussion on sizing let me add the following points:
By way of background, I am a US 11.5D sizing in nearly every shoe I've tried except certain athletic shoes. I take a a 10.5E (UK) in John Lobbs.
My first G&G purchase was a pair of Oakhams in an MH71 last. These were ordered in June in a 10.5E and fit very nicely. No real issues at all.
In the last sale I purchased 2 new pair, both in a 10.5E. One was a Hove on the DG70 last and the other was the Westminster on the TG73 last. I could tell from the beginning that both were on the tight side, but felt they would probably be ok.
I've worn both a few times now. The Hove will be fine. With a bit of wear they have broken in well. The Westminsters on the other hand just aren't going to work for me. Both pair are a bit tight on the out step, but the Westminsters are much more so. Really wish now I'd tried both in a size 11. I believe my next order will be a size 11, a half size down from my US size.
That said, the TG73 last seems to fit me much tighter in the outstep and the toe box than either of the other two lasts.post #9803 of 204768/27/13 at 3:11ampost #9804 of 204768/27/13 at 3:27ampost #9805 of 204768/27/13 at 4:01ampost #9806 of 204768/27/13 at 6:20ampost #9807 of 204768/27/13 at 6:52ampost #9808 of 204768/27/13 at 7:09amQuote:Originally Posted by in stitches
i have done that in the past with shoes of mine, but never with my GGs, carminas or CJs. i have no one here to do it, so i would have to send them away, probably b nelson. a dozen pairs at once is costly and will leave me with no shoes. i will probably just do it over time as the shoes need to be resoled. once they need work anyways, ill have them redone with topy.
Stitch - If you can get down to DC, Sky Valet in Georgetown can do it for you. They've put topys on my EGs with no problem.post #9809 of 204768/27/13 at 8:01amQuote:
probably true. the length differential on a half size is pretty negligible.Quote:
that is good info, thanks. i rarely get down there for personal time, so i think id have to mail them either way. but good info to have. if i can make it there, id defo do that.post #9810 of 204768/27/13 at 10:32amI asked about the fit differences between the MH71 last and the TG73 last about a week ago here, and since then decided to pull the trigger on a pair of Mayfair double monks from Leatherfoot. The shoes arrived and for me, the fit is very similar to the MH71. The toe-box does feel slightly lower, but it feels OK for me. I think the toe box also might be a smidge narrower, but it's not tight so no issues there. So I guess for my feet the TG73 works in the same size as MH71.
It seems that the Mayfairs are not all that popular around here, but I kept going back to these when looking for my next pair of G&G's. It would have been nice if these had the fiddleback waist, but in-person, I really like how the double soles look on them, so I think it worked out pretty well for me.
A few quick pics:
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Linjer Leather Goods -- official affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 8 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 9 minutes ago
- › Cesare Attolini Coat EU46 dark blue wool 13 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 23 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 24 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 25 minutes ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 26 minutes ago
- › What Are Your 10 Menswear Essentials? 27 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 28 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide