or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...) - Page 639

post #9571 of 22019
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

never saw in person, yet, but i had always imagined it as a sort of dark oxblood no?
--

also, i just want to say that i am super excited about the pair i have ordered.

It is really nice dark burgundy or oxblood whatever you want to call it It will have black burnishing on heels and toes you will like it.
post #9572 of 22019
oh i know i will. smile.gif
post #9573 of 22019
My first pair of G&G were St. James II in Vintage Rioja. inlove.gif
post #9574 of 22019
Interesting discussion on sizing. I wear an 11.5D in US sizing. My Lobbs are 10.5E and fit perfectly. I ordered my first pair of G&G's (Oakhams MH71) in a 10.5E. They actually fit pretty darned well. Snug perhaps but not tight. Will be interested to see how the two new pair fit tomorrow when they arrive. They are on different lasts, so we'll see.
post #9575 of 22019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark from Plano View Post

Interesting discussion on sizing. I wear an 11.5D in US sizing. My Lobbs are 10.5E and fit perfectly. I ordered my first pair of G&G's (Oakhams MH71) in a 10.5E. They actually fit pretty darned well. Snug perhaps but not tight. Will be interested to see how the two new pair fit tomorrow when they arrive. They are on different lasts, so we'll see.

That is pretty consistent. I am 10 in Lobbs and 10.5 in MH71, GG 06 and KN 14. What other lasts have you ordered?
post #9576 of 22019
Quote:
Originally Posted by laufer View Post

That is pretty consistent. I am 10 in Lobbs and 10.5 in MH71, GG 06 and KN 14. What other lasts have you ordered?

Well, but you are a half size larger from the Lobb sizing. Mine are the same.

My new purchases (here tomorrow) are the Hove on the DG 70 last and the Westminster on the TG 73 last.
post #9577 of 22019
PSA Wilkes in the city has a few pairs of GG for under $400. A size 9 in the Windsor and a few loafers in 9-11. Fucking great deal
post #9578 of 22019
Wilkes? By the way Barenys post the remaining GG on warehouse's website, same price as before (the final mark down)
post #9579 of 22019
Wilkes Bashford in San Francisco
post #9580 of 22019
Windsor would certainly be tempting, but I have sworn off monks for a long time, someone should grab it
post #9581 of 22019
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinkapur View Post

PSA Wilkes in the city has a few pairs of GG for under $400. A size 9 in the Windsor and a few loafers in 9-11. Fucking great deal

 

   know which ones ?

post #9582 of 22019
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinkapur View Post

PSA Wilkes in the city has a few pairs of GG for under $400. A size 9 in the Windsor and a few loafers in 9-11. Fucking great deal

Do you which loafers and colors? i.e. Monaco or St. Tropez or Cannes or Antibes?
post #9583 of 22019
Post pics and ill confirm. Sorry driving
post #9584 of 22019
They have the St. Thomas, which is a loafer.
post #9585 of 22019
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinkapur View Post

Wilkes Bashford in San Francisco

Just called, they have St Thomas in vintage cherry and vintage pine. No 10E UK, but have 9.5 and 10.5 UK.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...)