Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Gaziano & Girling St James II Cedar/Kudu GMTO Last post on 11/9/15 at 6:58pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- Classic Menswear Lounge Last post on 2/5/16 at 10:32am in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:48 pm in Classic Menswear
- ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. Last post on 2/6/16 at 1:54pm in Classic Menswear
What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
Last edited: Today
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: Today
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- A primer on shoe creams conditioners, and waxesLast edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...) - Page 618post #9256 of 191997/11/13 at 7:45am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #9257 of 191997/11/13 at 7:48ampost #9258 of 191997/11/13 at 7:51amQuote:
I agree it is dressy. I got these on the wensum sole for rainy days and they will do fine in the city.
There are dressy chukkas and hiking chukkas . I think there is a place for both.post #9259 of 191997/11/13 at 8:00ampost #9260 of 191997/11/13 at 8:02ampost #9261 of 191997/11/13 at 8:06ampost #9262 of 191997/11/13 at 8:09ampost #9263 of 191997/11/13 at 8:11ampost #9264 of 191997/11/13 at 8:26ampost #9265 of 191997/11/13 at 8:41amQuote:
I am in the same boat. I still cannot figure out TG73 last. Indeed it is difficult to tell them apart in photos. I was sure that Burnham from Barneys was on MH71 but it was on TG73. I had to return it. It was hurting me across my forefoot. This does not happen on CG06 and MH71.post #9266 of 191997/11/13 at 8:56ampost #9267 of 191997/11/13 at 9:00amQuote:Originally Posted by laufer
I am in the same boat. I still cannot figure out TG73 last. Indeed it is difficult to tell them apart in photos. I was sure that Burnham from Barneys was on MH71 but it was on TG73. I had to return it. It was hurting me across my forefoot. This does not happen on CG06 and MH71.
How about DG70?post #9268 of 191997/11/13 at 9:07am
That one I am still trying to figure out. I tried 10.5E on DG70 and I found it very tight in the toe area. I have not have a chance to try 11E on DG70. I do not know if 10.5 E would stretch enough to become comfortable? There are some models that look really good on DG70 such as Rothschild. I would want to get Isham on DG70. To me split toes look really good on pointy lasts.
Are there any Isham fans out there? maybe we can lobby for Isham to be included in monthly special but not until later part of the year please.post #9269 of 191997/11/13 at 6:48pm
Speaking of mistreating nice shoes, I hiked up the Lion's Head in Cape Town wearing a pair of Santoni dress boots. Garnered lots of curious stares and mutterings of "hipster" from others on the trail.
The boots did look a little the worse for wear at the end, but scrubbed up fine with a lick of Renovateur followed by polishing with some Glaçage.
Don't try this at home though, kiddies.
- Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...)
Styleforum Top Picks
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
- › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures 49 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › NWT ISAIA 100% Navy soft construction sport coat 1 minute ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 1 minute ago
- › Lightly Worn ISAIA dark green & navy quilted coat 40US/50EU [M] 2 minutes ago
- › NWT ISAIA Shirts Sizes 15.75/40, 16/41, 16.5/42 - More Added 1/24 2 minutes ago
- › NWT Luxury Sweaters - Cucinelli & ISAIA Cashmere + Loro Piana... 4 minutes ago
- › Very weird experience with B. Nelson... What is your experience... 4 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 5 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...