Why can't they make a Bamford?. I was actually going to change my order to the Bamford; you wizard!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Gaziano & Girling St James II Cedar/Kudu GMTO Last post on 11/9/15 at 6:58pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- Classic Menswear Lounge Last post on 12/14/16 at 11:47am in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:30 am in Classic Menswear
- ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. Last post on Today at 3:13 am in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...) - Page 578post #8656 of 220166/10/13 at 6:48ampost #8657 of 220166/10/13 at 7:06amQuote:Originally Posted by dddrees
I have yet to go directly to the factory for any orders, and all of my dealings so far with all of the SF re-sellers that I have dealt with so far have been outstanding.
In one instance after Leaves at Skoaktiebolaget physically looked at my shoes and found a mark on one of them, he offered to include a free set of shoe trees. The mark was barely noticeable, and I was impressed that he took the time to look at the shoes prior to sending them to me.
this. our SF vendors are awesome.post #8658 of 220166/10/13 at 12:08pm
Well, that's the brilliant bit. They won't tell you, perhaps because they're E G after all.....they just say technical difficulties. This is after all, a model they've made for years...so what went wrong all of a sudden. I was pretty gobsmacked as I can't think of one good reason. If they tell you, let us know.
Edited by Fiddler - 6/11/13 at 10:42ampost #8659 of 220166/10/13 at 7:10pmQuote:Nick is the absolute best at MTO.
I am looking forward to dealing with Leaves in the future as well.
I’ve recently worked directly with Riccardo Bestteti and he is a delight. He is very thorough and accommodating.post #8660 of 220166/10/13 at 7:12pmpost #8661 of 220166/10/13 at 7:25pmQuote:
That explains why they couldn't make that particular model. I had a similar experience with them albeit not the Bamford to which they replied that that was a Leffot exclusive design.post #8662 of 220166/10/13 at 7:40pmpost #8663 of 220166/11/13 at 5:21ampost #8664 of 220166/11/13 at 6:32ampost #8665 of 220166/11/13 at 8:02amQuote:
What 'Technical difficulties?' You have leather, thread, glue, plastic pre-manufactured last, BOOM! you have a BAMFORD (16 weeks later, that is)
Edited by Saratorial_Splender - 6/11/13 at 8:48ampost #8666 of 220166/11/13 at 8:18ampost #8667 of 220166/11/13 at 10:39amQuote:
I wanted to ask them 'did you forget how to make it?' But I was stunned by their ineptitude (telling me this six weeks or so after taking my deposit), so I just asked for a refund.
Having said that, I think anyone who buys EG from SKAB will have a good experience. Those guys are 100% reliable.post #8668 of 220166/11/13 at 1:05pmpost #8669 of 220166/11/13 at 1:24pmpost #8670 of 220166/11/13 at 1:26pm
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 4 minutes ago
- › WTF over-zealous police? 4 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 5 minutes ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 6 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 8 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 10 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...