Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Gaziano & Girling St James II Cedar/Kudu GMTO Last post on 11/9/15 at 6:58pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- Classic Menswear Lounge Last post on Today at 7:18 am in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:35 pm in Classic Menswear
- ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. Last post on Yesterday at 1:47 pm in Classic Menswear
What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- A primer on shoe creams conditioners, and waxesLast edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...) - Page 534
Styleforum Top Pickspost #7997 of 192844/25/13 at 6:53pmpost #7998 of 192844/25/13 at 6:56pm
It never ends uh?Quote:
thank you!, hove on MH71 last
Thank you uncle!post #7999 of 192844/25/13 at 7:07pmpost #8000 of 192844/25/13 at 9:08pmG&G Bespoke Sole repair in Japan
Documents a sole replacement job of a G&G Bespoke (not mine). Done by RESH in Tokyo
G&G Bespoke. Personally, I would have sent it back to the UK
The owner asked for the soles to be replaced.
Recreating a G&G sole (but with J.R. soles)
Waists are hand stitched
Definitely not G&G Bespoke waist, but they did their best
The whole thing including rubber toes and heels, cost ¥24,990 ($250 USD)
RESH is my cobbler to go in Tokyo. They're service is blazing fast (30min wait for a heel replacement or a toe steel attachment)
Though I'm not sure how long this took for thempost #8001 of 192844/25/13 at 10:11pmpost #8002 of 192844/25/13 at 11:17pmpost #8003 of 192844/26/13 at 3:40ampost #8004 of 192844/26/13 at 4:11ampost #8005 of 192844/26/13 at 4:19ampost #8006 of 192844/26/13 at 4:25ampost #8007 of 192844/26/13 at 5:31ampost #8008 of 192844/26/13 at 5:44amQuote:
Look just look how evenly that sole has worn out. The beauty of bespoke shoes. On the other hand was it really necessary necessary to recraft these? it seems these had a lot of life left in them.post #8009 of 192844/26/13 at 5:46amQuote:
I was thinking the same thing. Those look just broken in to me...post #8010 of 192844/26/13 at 6:28am
- Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...)
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
Currently, there are 1478 Active Users (316 Members and 1162 Guests)
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Edward Green Galways, Brown Utah, Shearling, Size 8.5E UK, 64 Last 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 7 minutes ago
- › The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 11 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 12 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 13 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?