Thank you. I am planning on ordering Arran in espresso on MH71 last.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Gaziano & Girling St James II Cedar/Kudu GMTO Last post on 11/9/15 at 6:58pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- Classic Menswear Lounge Last post on Today at 2:01 am in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:20 am in Classic Menswear
- ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. Last post on 2/10/16 at 1:24am in Classic Menswear
What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- A primer on shoe creams conditioners, and waxesLast edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...) - Page 510
Styleforum Top Pickspost #7637 of 192563/18/13 at 6:36ampost #7638 of 192563/21/13 at 7:50ampost #7639 of 192563/21/13 at 7:59ampost #7640 of 192563/21/13 at 8:04ampost #7641 of 192563/21/13 at 8:19ampost #7642 of 192563/21/13 at 10:29amBiarritz - from Barney's Warehouse sale..
Thanks to all for help decoding the Barney's sizing.
I can confirm that what Barney's sells as a US 11, (and on their sizing chart says UK10) is in fact a UK 10.5 - and is marked as such by G&G on the box. The Barney's sticker just says US11. It is just their online size chart that does not use actual UK sizing.post #7643 of 192563/21/13 at 12:58pmpost #7644 of 192563/21/13 at 1:23pmpost #7645 of 192563/21/13 at 2:11pmpost #7646 of 192563/21/13 at 2:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by Coldcava
Biarritz - from Barney's Warehouse sale..
Thanks to all for help decoding the Barney's sizing.
I can confirm that what Barney's sells as a US 11, (and on their sizing chart says UK10) is in fact a UK 10.5 - and is marked as such by G&G on the box. The Barney's sticker just says US11. It is just their online size chart that does not use actual UK sizing.
I bought the same pair and the shoe just didn't fit me well. The shoe felt too small in the toe box, yet my heel was flopping out of the back, so to ebay they go. Loafers are the toughest fit for me, and I only took the risk because I figured I can get rid of them at a profit.post #7647 of 192563/21/13 at 3:59pmAnother "Thanks for the Barneys Warehouse PSA." I did a little reading here first but rolled the dice on sizing. Turned out just right. There are a few scratches that I hope will buff out with some brushing. Not surprising given the handwritten note on the sticker on the bottom of the left shoe (see below). There's a little weirdness with the antiquing on the heel of one shoe. I'll probably seek recommendations in the shoe care thread, but if people have thoughts, let me know. Quite a bargain on some lovely shoes! (Uploaded via iPhone so click to embiggen.)
And this note inside the box was funny.post #7648 of 192563/21/13 at 8:36pm
Might just want to bring them to a good cobbler in your area for some input - but congrats on snagging the last pair. I just went to work on a small stain on a pair of C&J's yesterday. I applied a couple of coats of Saphir Renovateur (it's a cleaner/conditioner) and it put a serious dent in the stain. All I need now is to get the proper colored wax and I should be good to go. Good luck and enjoy the shoes.post #7649 of 192563/21/13 at 9:02pm
- Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...)
Styleforum Top Picks
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 1 minute ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 5 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 5 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 7 minutes ago
- › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures 7 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 7 minutes ago
- › *** Official Norwegian Rain Bergen by T Michael Thread ******** -... 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?