Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Gaziano & Girling St James II Cedar/Kudu GMTO Last post on 11/9/15 at 6:58pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- Classic Menswear Lounge Last post on Yesterday at 11:28 pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:04 am in Classic Menswear
- ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. Last post on Yesterday at 1:47 pm in Classic Menswear
What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- A primer on shoe creams conditioners, and waxesLast edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...) - Page 507post #7591 of 192753/12/13 at 6:28pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #7592 of 192753/12/13 at 8:43pmpost #7593 of 192753/12/13 at 9:12pmpost #7594 of 192753/13/13 at 4:27ampost #7595 of 192753/13/13 at 7:38ampost #7596 of 192753/13/13 at 7:42amQuote:
if Skoak follows through this week i'll post a dull ass black pair for contemplation just for grins
SF may be down on black shoes but i'm betting they gonna shine like new pennies & have texture to boot
. . . . pun intendedpost #7597 of 192753/13/13 at 8:10ampost #7598 of 192753/13/13 at 8:39amQuote:
i quite like black shoes. i fing in many applications they are better than brown for certain fits. look forward to seeing your new shoes.Quote:
im sure i will. not sure when it will happen though. ill keep an eye out for your pics.post #7599 of 192753/13/13 at 10:12amQuote:Originally Posted by in stitches
i quite like black shoes. i fing in many applications they are better than brown for certain fits. look forward to seeing your new shoes.
im sure i will. not sure when it will happen though. ill keep an eye out for your pics.i quite like black shoes. i fing in many applications they are better than brown for certain fits. look forward to seeing your new shoes.
after seeing the ones posted i wish i had sense enough to know the last differences when i ordered. going to lurv them anyway on kn14post #7600 of 192753/13/13 at 11:05ampost #7601 of 192753/15/13 at 2:30ampost #7602 of 192753/15/13 at 2:39amQuote:
color seems to vary between the two pairs. mine is even lighter. think i prefer a darker brown on the westburypost #7603 of 192753/15/13 at 2:39ampost #7604 of 192753/15/13 at 8:46amQuote:
On your Barney's order, what sizing did you trust.. I normally fit a 10.5 UK G&G and on my pair of Sinatra wholecuts its dropped down to 10 UK. Considering the Biarritz loafers and am concerned what size is actually accurate? I remember the debacle with sizing a couple of months ago and am a bit nervous.
Am thinking that I am typically a us 11 and that the drop down to G&G UK sizing should only be a 1/2 size down?
Any thoughts?post #7605 of 192753/15/13 at 9:59am
My experience with Barney's is that sizes listed on the site have been converted to the corresponding US shoe size and fortunately that was the case here. I'm a 10 so I ordered the 10 off the internet. The Barney's bar code stuck on the box has them listed as a 10 while the printing inside the shoe and on the G&G box mark them as a 9.5E. So, again, the 9.5 GG's are listed as 10 on the site.
As for different lasts requiring you to size up or down I have no clue as these are my first pair of G&G. My pair feel fairly true to size. They are a touch long but I'm really a small 10 and it's not an issue were I would consider sizing down. Hope that helps.
- Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...)
Styleforum Top Picks
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 20 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 30 seconds ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 3 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 6 minutes ago
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 9 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 11 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 14 minutes ago
- › CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL 15 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 15 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 17 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?