Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Gaziano & Girling St James II Cedar/Kudu GMTO Last post on 11/9/15 at 6:58pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- Classic Menswear Lounge Last post on 2/5/16 at 10:32am in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 11:38 am in Classic Menswear
- ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. Last post on Yesterday at 1:54 pm in Classic Menswear
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- A primer on shoe creams conditioners, and waxesLast edited: 2/1/16
- What is bullhide, and why is it attractive/desirable? What are its...Last edited: 2/1/16
- Aren't technically almost all shoe leathers corrected grain?Last edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...) - Page 500
Styleforum Top Pickspost #7487 of 191643/7/13 at 11:31ampost #7488 of 191643/7/13 at 11:34amQuote:
They are becoming faster now. Estimating 4 to 5 months with many coming through at 3 to 4 months although we don't like to promise. 50% deposit on all MTO's and 50% payment on completion.post #7489 of 191643/7/13 at 11:35ampost #7490 of 191643/7/13 at 11:48ampost #7491 of 191643/7/13 at 12:00pmpost #7492 of 191643/7/13 at 12:30pmpost #7493 of 191643/7/13 at 1:46pmpost #7494 of 191643/7/13 at 2:33pmpost #7495 of 191643/7/13 at 4:13pmpost #7496 of 191643/8/13 at 4:32ampost #7497 of 191643/8/13 at 4:38ampost #7498 of 191643/8/13 at 4:45ampost #7499 of 191643/8/13 at 4:56ampost #7500 of 191643/8/13 at 5:26amQuote:Originally Posted by bengal-stripe
I think every manufacturer uses his own colour names (different than what the tannery use) as to hide where their materials come from. After all, mink can come in all shades. EG might use 'Mink' for a very dark shade, I have seen 'Mink' also used for lighter shades.
The tanneries use really unsexy names, often codes. That's the main reason G&G and the others come up with their own names. This way the makers can also change from one tannery or leather merchant to another without having to change the name of the color, they just need to find a producer/merchant with a product that is close enough to the original color.
The most logical way would of course be to use a color palette system like NCS or similar, but how fun would it be to say “hey I just bought a new pair of St. James II in S 7020-Y70R”.
- Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...)
Styleforum Top Picks
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...
Currently, there are 1242 Active Users (339 Members and 903 Guests)
- › NFL 2015-16 Thread 18 seconds ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 21 seconds ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 43 seconds ago
- › Smoking Jacket, Dinner Jacket question 3 minutes ago
- › feragamo used white loafers (buying Decision) 3 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 4 minutes ago
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 7 minutes ago
- › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask... 7 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 7 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...