Something like Saratorial_Splender posted some time ago. Wigmore in espresso calf and mole suede.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Gaziano & Girling St James II Cedar/Kudu GMTO Last post on 11/9/15 at 6:58pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- Classic Menswear Lounge Last post on 12/14/16 at 11:47am in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:02 pm in Classic Menswear
- ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. Last post on 3/24/17 at 3:33pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...) - Page 476post #7126 of 226272/5/13 at 1:51pmpost #7127 of 226272/5/13 at 2:22pmpost #7128 of 226272/5/13 at 2:30pmpost #7129 of 226272/5/13 at 3:01pmpost #7130 of 226272/5/13 at 3:47pmpost #7131 of 226272/5/13 at 4:17pmQuote:
I do. Mid-grey pants, blue jacket. Grey suit would look great as well I think. I'm not sure I'd wear black suede wholecuts quite the same way, but the full brogue wingtip doesn't feel that dressy.post #7132 of 226272/5/13 at 5:57pmQuote:
Getting dressed this morning - mid grey (PoW actually)trousers, white shirt, blue grey herringbone cashmere jacket - and was thinking that those black suede oxfords would look perfect with this!post #7133 of 226272/5/13 at 6:55pmpost #7134 of 226272/5/13 at 7:11pmQuote:
Depends on the rest of the outfit. There was a good piece (maybe on dieworkwear?) arguing that going sockless works best with lighter shoes and pants, so that the contrast of the naked leg isn't too extreme. The fact that these shoes are dark makes it tough to pull off. With light/tan pants it may work, but hard to say.post #7135 of 226272/5/13 at 7:25pmpost #7136 of 226272/5/13 at 7:33pm
I usually wear a C&J Harvard loafer in dark brown shell sockless and it's perfect. This one -- the design looks slightly elongated and semi-formal...that's why I was in doubt.
I would also gladly wear a pair of wholecut loafers sock less.
But this one....I just can't tell by looking at pictures.
Midnight blue is a fantastic colour.post #7137 of 226272/5/13 at 9:01pmQuote:
Wearing no socks ALWAYS looks terrible.Exceptions are made occasionally for Italian (ladies') fashion designers and anyone walking onto a boat, but apart from that, wear nice socks. :)post #7138 of 226272/5/13 at 9:18pmQuote:
Oh that's not fair! I think it looks fine on younger, fitter guys who are dressed very casually and are in warmer climates. I don't think it looks good with a suit, or with dark colors in general, but tan pants, white shirt, blue jacket, light brown loafers? That can look great.post #7139 of 226272/5/13 at 10:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by joshuadowen
Oh that's not fair! I think it looks fine on younger, fitter guys who are dressed very casually and are in warmer climates. I don't think it looks good with a suit, or with dark colors in general, but tan pants, white shirt, blue jacket, light brown loafers? That can look great.
Unsightly, unhygienic and unmanly.
Sure, with long shorts and a polo shirt, or even as you describe, it seems to be acceptable (but I'm glad you draw the line at a suit). Like I said, if you're getting onto a boat or sitting in a beach side bar in the Bahamas, what the heck. A casual pair of moccasins or deck shoes with no socks, I get. But in the realm of "classic menswear", I still consider it below par: proper loafers that are too good for the beach, are too good for bare feet, and bare feet are never "classic menswear": what next? Baggy suits with just a vest underneath like MC Hammer?
Anyway, I appreciate I am an anachronism swimming against the tide here - cf. my ranting at people wearing "jeans" in the WAYWRN thread. These things are not "classic menswear", they are casual work wear for labourers and factory workers! At least in my addled, reactionary old mind. My only concessions are colourful socks and brown in town. Dandy is good. But denim and socklessness are just scruffy.
Right, enough of that, I'll go and listen to the wireless and calm down. Perhaps someone could post some lovely shoes and get us back on track? ;)post #7140 of 226272/5/13 at 10:07pm
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Rick Owens Geobaskets 9 minutes ago
- › Pierpont Leather - Official Affiliate Thread 9 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Rick Owens shorts 11 minutes ago
- › Japan 11 minutes ago
- › Rick Owens Mainline T's 16 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 19 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 21 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...