wow, excellent choice :) congratulations. where did you buy them? skoaktiebolaget? mto?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Gaziano & Girling St James II Cedar/Kudu GMTO Last post on 11/9/15 at 6:58pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- Classic Menswear Lounge Last post on 12/14/16 at 11:47am in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:39 am in Classic Menswear
- ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. Last post on 2/25/17 at 11:13am in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...) - Page 455post #6811 of 222741/20/13 at 10:22ampost #6812 of 222741/20/13 at 10:27ampost #6813 of 222741/20/13 at 10:29ampost #6814 of 222741/20/13 at 3:21pm
you are probably just noticing the shoes that people buy in the rounder lasts.post #6815 of 222741/20/13 at 10:05pmQuote:
I have noticed the same thing, especially with the Deco range.
I am being discharged in 57 days time and I have spent the past 2 years keeping an eye on civilian dress for when I don't have a uniform to wear every day.
The first Deco range at Leffot about two years ago had a nice sharp angled shape to the sole, just ahead of the nice narrow waist, but these days they are much more rounded.
I personally prefer the nice original and angled "ace of spades" look for the deco last. The SA at Leffot said he is sure Tony will be happy to cut the soles into a nice angle for any MTO, so I am not too concerned.
For other lasts, like the GG06 for example, the rounded sole is a much better look in my opinion.post #6816 of 222741/20/13 at 11:22pmpost #6817 of 222741/21/13 at 4:35ampost #6818 of 222741/21/13 at 4:59ampost #6819 of 222741/21/13 at 5:27ampost #6820 of 222741/21/13 at 5:35ampost #6821 of 222741/21/13 at 5:36ampost #6822 of 222741/21/13 at 5:40ampost #6823 of 222741/21/13 at 6:59ampost #6824 of 222741/21/13 at 7:38amQuote:
So far I only own the strands, everything else they have doesn't interest me too much.
But I'm looking for a pair of loafers for running errands and I don't think there is anything better in the 300 USD range, am I wrong?post #6825 of 222741/21/13 at 8:16amQuote:
I don't see that. The St James II just depicted is on the soft-square MH71 last. I think the TG73 square toe looks like it always has.
I rather like the MH71 and that might be my next G&G purchase. My G&G are on the TG73 and DG70.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › patrickBOOTH's Third-of-Life Crisis and (Mostly) Self-Imposed... 1 minute ago
- › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread 1 minute ago
- › Cars We Drive! 1 minute ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 6 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 9 minutes ago
- › The Official Common Projects Thread 10 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...