wow, excellent choice :) congratulations. where did you buy them? skoaktiebolaget? mto?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Gaziano & Girling St James II Cedar/Kudu GMTO Last post on 11/9/15 at 6:58pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- Classic Menswear Lounge Last post on Yesterday at 7:18 am in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 5:01 am in Classic Menswear
- ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. Last post on 2/12/16 at 1:47pm in Classic Menswear
What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- A primer on shoe creams conditioners, and waxesLast edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...) - Page 455post #6811 of 192861/20/13 at 10:22am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #6812 of 192861/20/13 at 10:27ampost #6813 of 192861/20/13 at 10:29ampost #6814 of 192861/20/13 at 3:21pm
you are probably just noticing the shoes that people buy in the rounder lasts.post #6815 of 192861/20/13 at 10:05pmQuote:
I have noticed the same thing, especially with the Deco range.
I am being discharged in 57 days time and I have spent the past 2 years keeping an eye on civilian dress for when I don't have a uniform to wear every day.
The first Deco range at Leffot about two years ago had a nice sharp angled shape to the sole, just ahead of the nice narrow waist, but these days they are much more rounded.
I personally prefer the nice original and angled "ace of spades" look for the deco last. The SA at Leffot said he is sure Tony will be happy to cut the soles into a nice angle for any MTO, so I am not too concerned.
For other lasts, like the GG06 for example, the rounded sole is a much better look in my opinion.post #6816 of 192861/20/13 at 11:22pmpost #6817 of 192861/21/13 at 4:35ampost #6818 of 192861/21/13 at 4:59ampost #6819 of 192861/21/13 at 5:27ampost #6820 of 192861/21/13 at 5:35ampost #6821 of 192861/21/13 at 5:36ampost #6822 of 192861/21/13 at 5:40ampost #6823 of 192861/21/13 at 6:59ampost #6824 of 192861/21/13 at 7:38amQuote:
So far I only own the strands, everything else they have doesn't interest me too much.
But I'm looking for a pair of loafers for running errands and I don't think there is anything better in the 300 USD range, am I wrong?post #6825 of 192861/21/13 at 8:16amQuote:
I don't see that. The St James II just depicted is on the soft-square MH71 last. I think the TG73 square toe looks like it always has.
I rather like the MH71 and that might be my next G&G purchase. My G&G are on the TG73 and DG70.
- Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...)
Styleforum Top Picks
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 9 seconds ago
- › For the Ladies: BNWT Canada Goose Women Solaris Parka 1 minute ago
- › Advice on next pair of Allen Edmonds 4 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 5 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 5 minutes ago
- › Daily CE Musings of Piob 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 5 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 7 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 9 minutes ago
- › Tailor in London for a classic navy three piece wedding suit 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What products do I use and how to I care for...
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.