Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Gaziano & Girling St James II Cedar/Kudu GMTO Last post on 11/9/15 at 6:58pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- Classic Menswear Lounge Last post on 2/5/16 at 10:32am in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:14 pm in Classic Menswear
- ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. Last post on 2/6/16 at 1:54pm in Classic Menswear
What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
Last edited: Today
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: Today
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- A primer on shoe creams conditioners, and waxesLast edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...) - Page 439post #6571 of 191991/9/13 at 8:44pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #6572 of 191991/9/13 at 9:03pmpost #6573 of 191991/9/13 at 9:03pmpost #6574 of 191991/9/13 at 11:50pmpost #6575 of 191991/10/13 at 12:41am
You are no sucker bro. This is just good taste and a good way to spend money :) I actually love Brioni. Have used there ties for almost 5-6 years now.Quote:Originally Posted by mrbrioni
I'm definitely not the real Brioni, although after doing a little shopping yesterday I'm a total sucker for anything Brioni, Kiton, and Hermes
I picked up:
Navy Brioni suede, leather type material short jacket
Kiton light grey dress pants, Kiton pants are most detail oriented pants I have ever seen in my life. Insanity.
2 Brioni sport shirts to wear with recently acquired black Kiton jeans
Loro Piana 85% cashmere 15% silk sweater in some blueish shade.
Hermes pocket square - gorgeous detailing!
Hermes leather belt in "etoup" greyish/taupish leather on one side and black on the other with "H" belt in orange/silver enamel. I know these belts aren't SF approved, but I love them and own every color combo of the straps that were made in the last 8 years.
I will do my best with pictures a bit later, just a warning my photography skills are not up to par with the rest of the SF worldpost #6576 of 191991/10/13 at 3:28ampost #6577 of 191991/10/13 at 4:02amQuote:
My pair is 5.5E. MH71. I have a high instep so heel to instep are snag. Ball joint part was comfortable and now is a little bit roomier. I am trying DIY cut half leather insole, which seems to work well without compromising overall fit of the shoes.
I have Hove on the same last and I feel those looser than St. James. My concern is if I go down to D width, my instep would not fit well.post #6578 of 191991/10/13 at 4:30ampost #6579 of 191991/10/13 at 4:43ampost #6580 of 191991/10/13 at 5:03ampost #6581 of 191991/10/13 at 5:03ampost #6582 of 191991/10/13 at 5:25am
Indeed that color is giving me a lot of problems. Sometimes it is very light, sometimes it is very reddish, sometimes it is like a real life chestnut such as in the case of Crockett and Jones chestnut antique color. Anyways.post #6583 of 191991/10/13 at 6:17ampost #6584 of 191991/10/13 at 11:32am
Correct. They are Vintage Chestnut. Sometimes it's the style of the shoe that determine the colour. For instance, a style such as Rothschild with so much brogueing requires a lot more antiquing than a plain vamp shoe like this Burnham. The antique cream needs to fill all of the punched holes before they are polished and this darkens the colour slightly. With the plain vamped shoe there is no need for the extra antique cream therefore leaving them this lighter colour. I've seen nearly all styles in Vintage Chestnut and I have never disliked any of the colour variations. It's always stunning!
- Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...)
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
- › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › NWT ISAIA 100% Navy soft construction sport coat 2 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Lightly Worn ISAIA dark green & navy quilted coat 40US/50EU [M] 3 minutes ago
- › NWT ISAIA Shirts Sizes 15.75/40, 16/41, 16.5/42 - More Added 1/24 4 minutes ago
- › NWT Luxury Sweaters - Cucinelli & ISAIA Cashmere + Loro Piana... 5 minutes ago
- › Very weird experience with B. Nelson... What is your experience... 5 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 6 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...