or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...) - Page 43

post #631 of 21764
Quote:
Originally Posted by luk-cha View Post
[center]...

next time you better ask monsieur delos. the welt is a veritable disaster.

sorry.
post #632 of 21764
Quote:
Originally Posted by clee1982 View Post
not to be picky, but if this is the styling you want, wouldn't Austrian makes more sense than English?

ftfy
post #633 of 21764
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravate_Noire View Post
Seamess? Look at the lacing...

Without a closing seam!
post #634 of 21764
Quote:
Originally Posted by bengal-stripe View Post
Without a closing seam!
He was emphasizing that it's a seamless derby (what would be the interesting point), no words about no closing seam!
post #635 of 21764
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravate_Noire View Post
He was emphasizing that it's a seamless derby (what would be the interesting point), no words about no closing seam!

No 'whole-cut' oxford is ever made from a single piece: there is always an additional tongue.

So, should Roy refrain from calling his stingray shoes 'whole-cut'?
post #636 of 21764
Quote:
Originally Posted by bengal-stripe View Post
No 'whole-cut' oxford is ever made from a single piece: there is always an additional tongue. So, should Roy refrain from calling his stingray shoes 'whole-cut'?
Saint Crispins even call their 114 model 'seamless' when there is a clear seam visible. A truly seamless shoe probably won't be made because of the tongue. But in case of the stingray... Both we needed to cut up 'wholly'.
post #637 of 21764
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy View Post
A truly seamless shoe probably won't be made because of the tongue. But in case of the stingray... Both we needed to cut up 'wholly'.

what do you think about this one?
post #638 of 21764
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzl View Post
what do you think about this one?
Those boots are indeed made from a single piece. Incredible, but definitely not for me.
post #639 of 21764
Quote:
Originally Posted by bengal-stripe View Post
No 'whole-cut' oxford is ever made from a single piece: there is always an additional tongue.

So, should Roy refrain from calling his stingray shoes 'whole-cut'?


You are telling me no news here, but I think you dont get my point (or I didnt put clearly enough into words), I mean the seamless lacing on a wholecut derby (what would make that type of shoe really interesting).
I am not interested in discussing nomenclature issues!
post #640 of 21764
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravate_Noire View Post
I mean the seamless lacing on a wholecut derby (what would make that type of shoe really interesting).

There is a variation of the "˜whole-cut derby' without the laid-on facings.



This one has quite an extensive under-laid tongue. Nevertheless, not without a seam.

Shoe and picture by Jan Petter Myhre, Oslo.

http://www.bespoke-shoes.com/
post #641 of 21764
Quote:
Originally Posted by bengal-stripe View Post
There is a variation of the "˜whole-cut derby' without the laid-on facings.



This one has quite an extensive under-laid tongue. Nevertheless, not without a seam.

Shoe and picture by Jan Petter Myhre, Oslo.

http://www.bespoke-shoes.com/

Thanks that is partly of what I have thought!
This one indeed has seams at the back...I thought of at maximum manipulation, tour de force wholcut derby thing I have only seen from Lattanzi in some varations, without closing seams and without laid on facings, there is also a photo somewhere on SF!
post #642 of 21764
Hayes on DG70, vintage oak.









post #643 of 21764
^^ very nice
post #644 of 21764
I just ordered the Hayes in Vintage Oak on the TG73 but am having second thoughts after seeing the DG70s............... thoughts?
post #645 of 21764
Quote:
Originally Posted by medtech_expat View Post
Hayes on DG70, vintage oak.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)










Quote:
Originally Posted by Yika View Post
^^ very nice

+1
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...)