The decos are sweet!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Gaziano & Girling St James II Cedar/Kudu GMTO Last post on 11/9/15 at 6:58pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- Classic Menswear Lounge Last post on 12/14/16 at 11:47am in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 1:35 pm in Classic Menswear
- ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. Last post on Yesterday at 3:00 am in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...) - Page 390post #5836 of 2201912/6/12 at 5:40pmpost #5837 of 2201912/6/12 at 5:52pmpost #5838 of 2201912/6/12 at 5:56pmpost #5839 of 2201912/6/12 at 6:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by dinowhite
This post goes a little off the current gist of the discussion but I have a few questions on G&G and it would seem this is the best thread to ask them , so bear with me
As you can see I am offering a pair of G&Gs for sale. I have good experience of high end English shoes (I have a large number of EGs, JLPs, C&Js, top line Church's) but had never handled a G&G before. I happened to 'stumble' on this pair during a RL sale and bought it simply for the purpose of selling them on.
From the pictures on the internet I knew the most common lasts and the fiddleback waist which I believe is an important selling point. However, when I handed this pair I was somewhat disappointed by the way the sole meets the heel. If you look from the sides there is a clear discontinuity, which you do not see on EGs or JLPs (Classic or Prestige). I guess it can be argued that there is nothing to it , but I have noticed that the RTW pictures on the G&G website do not show that discontinuity. So my first question is what do you think about this specific issue.
My second question is more prosaic.Is it possible to get G&Gs on a discount during 'Xmas sale' in the UK, in the same way as you can in EG and C&J London shops?
1) The discontinuity is an bespoke feature that G&G incorporates into their RTW ranges.
2) No idea, but now Barney's NY carries G&G, they do offer Xmas sales.post #5840 of 2201912/6/12 at 6:03pmpost #5841 of 2201912/6/12 at 6:28pmQuote:
Sort of. Untying them is more of the specialty involved. In particular, determining whether or not any given knot can be "untied" without breaking the string.
My work however is about strings and how they get used.post #5842 of 2201912/6/12 at 6:32pmpost #5843 of 2201912/6/12 at 6:55pmpost #5844 of 2201912/6/12 at 7:09pmQuote:
Sounds like some srs math to me...................................................
I'm out!post #5845 of 2201912/8/12 at 6:42pmpost #5846 of 2201912/8/12 at 6:47pmpost #5847 of 2201912/8/12 at 6:48pmpost #5848 of 2201912/8/12 at 9:20pmpost #5849 of 2201912/8/12 at 11:58pmpost #5850 of 2201912/9/12 at 7:46am
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Suitsupply NYC 3 minutes ago
- › FS: Carlo Barbera fabrics, checks, NAVY STAPLE S150S 6 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 8 minutes ago
- › The Rise and Rise of Donald J Trump 12 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 20 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 25 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 38 minutes ago
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 39 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 49 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 1 hour, 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...