Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Gaziano & Girling St James II Cedar/Kudu GMTO Last post on 11/9/15 at 6:58pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- Classic Menswear Lounge Last post on 2/5/16 at 10:32am in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:39 am in Classic Menswear
- ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. Last post on Yesterday at 8:33 pm in Classic Menswear
What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- A primer on shoe creams conditioners, and waxesLast edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...) - Page 328post #4906 of 192269/24/12 at 5:21pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #4907 of 192269/24/12 at 6:17pmpost #4908 of 192269/24/12 at 6:37pmpost #4909 of 192269/25/12 at 6:53amQuote:Originally Posted by Nick A
The color wasn't a G&G standard option. The shoes left the G&G factory as Vintage Cherry , however, they were re finished to this color as a special request from the client through Bespoke-England to change the Vintage Cherry to a deeper, darker color. I renamed it "Dark Cherry". It did look very similar to Vintage Rioja but it had strong undertones of the cherry and when I held them next to a pair of vintage rioja shoes there was a definite difference. It's a truly beautiful color. The shoe in the image above began life the same color as the shoe below.
Wow kudos to you and G&G Nick!
You know this is not a knock at the beautiful G&G shoes or anyone else, but the color above as well as really dark purplish cherries are such beautiful colors that I think all munufacturers should exxplore it more. You know, really dark color versions of cherry, plum, aubergine/eggplant, but with a strong and definite purplish cast from the addition of blue/cyan, Basically really cold versions of these colors. I don't think folks realize just how versatile these colors would be. They are perfect match for gray, navy, and charcoal outfits as well as black overcoats.
D'ont get me wrong the vintage Rioja is already really great, but just push it farther (like G&G often does).post #4910 of 192269/26/12 at 5:16ampost #4911 of 192269/26/12 at 5:19ampost #4912 of 192269/26/12 at 6:40ampost #4913 of 192269/26/12 at 6:43ampost #4914 of 192269/26/12 at 8:20ampost #4915 of 192269/26/12 at 8:07pmpost #4916 of 192269/26/12 at 8:20pmpost #4917 of 192269/26/12 at 8:25pmpost #4918 of 192269/27/12 at 1:18ampost #4919 of 192269/27/12 at 5:00am
Thanks Nick. Order me a pair up if they are available. They are stunning
- Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...)
Styleforum Top Picks
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
Currently, there are 1011 Active Users (171 Members and 840 Guests)
- › The Official Alden Indy Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 10 minutes ago
- › The Official Common Projects Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 17 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 21 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 23 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 24 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 25 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 27 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge for February 12th; Checks! 27 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...