It is possible with any MTO from my website. Just need to include "Topy Soles" in the "Notes" section at the end of the order process. I can also get G&G to stick them on to my stock shoes if required.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Gaziano & Girling St James II Cedar/Kudu GMTO Last post on 11/9/15 at 6:58pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- Classic Menswear Lounge Last post on Today at 11:46 am in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:55 pm in Classic Menswear
- ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. Last post on Today at 12:01 pm in Classic Menswear
What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- A primer on shoe creams conditioners, and waxesLast edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...) - Page 301post #4501 of 192608/4/12 at 3:15pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #4502 of 192608/4/12 at 3:21pmQuote:
You are correct. The Dainite would last longer and the Topy soles would need replacing often and I know some people have experienced trouble removing them by local cobblers so choose your cobbler well. Also, G&G offer the Double Dainite sole, which is what is more commonly used and they have a Single Dainite sole which is finer and more suited to their sleek appearence. I'll post images tomorrow of both.post #4503 of 192608/4/12 at 3:28pmQuote:Originally Posted by Nick A
You are correct. The Dainite would last longer and the Topy soles would need replacing often and I know some people have experienced trouble removing them by local cobblers so choose your cobbler well. Also, G&G offer the Double Dainite sole, which is what is more commonly used and they have a Single Dainite sole which is finer and more suited to their sleek appearence. I'll post images tomorrow of both.
Thank you for your answer. If a good cobbler can replace the topys then it is perhaps more "healthy" for the shoes longevity wise. It is a minor operation compared to replacing the whole sole. I am only speculating though, I have no specific knowledge of it.post #4504 of 192608/4/12 at 4:06pmpost #4505 of 192608/4/12 at 8:30pmQuote:
yup. the wife heard a crash, and had to wake me up.
+1post #4506 of 192608/4/12 at 10:07pmpost #4507 of 192608/5/12 at 1:48ampost #4508 of 192608/5/12 at 1:53ampost #4509 of 192608/5/12 at 2:12amQuote:
Thank you for your help before but No I can't upload images from my iPad or iPhone . If anyone could help that would be great because I can send images of G&G's on a more regular basis.post #4510 of 192608/5/12 at 2:28ampost #4511 of 192608/5/12 at 2:32ampost #4512 of 192608/5/12 at 4:51ampost #4513 of 192608/5/12 at 5:21am
how you been tits? long time no speak.Quote:
have you tried the tapatalk app? it has excellent photo uploading.
the single danites are indeed much nicer looking on the sleeker shoes imo.post #4514 of 192608/5/12 at 6:18ampost #4515 of 192608/5/12 at 9:17am
- Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...)
Styleforum Top Picks
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
Currently, there are 1654 Active Users (418 Members and 1236 Guests)
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 4 seconds ago
- › Very weird experience with B. Nelson... What is your experience... 1 minute ago
- › Gun Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. 1 minute ago
- › Engineered Garments Aviator Jacket/Navy Twill/Sz. M 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 3 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 3 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 4 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?