you should see his St. Crispin's. whole story is impressive. search the threads, you'll not be disappointed.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Gaziano & Girling St James II Cedar/Kudu GMTO Last post on 11/9/15 at 6:58pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- Classic Menswear Lounge Last post on 2/5/16 at 10:32am in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:29 pm in Classic Menswear
- ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. Last post on Today at 1:24 am in Classic Menswear
What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- A primer on shoe creams conditioners, and waxesLast edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...) - Page 300post #4486 of 192308/2/12 at 11:24pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #4487 of 192308/3/12 at 7:56ampost #4488 of 192308/3/12 at 9:53ampost #4489 of 192308/4/12 at 2:19amThread StarterQuote:
wow thats some haul!!post #4490 of 192308/4/12 at 2:45amQuote:
Woho!post #4491 of 192308/4/12 at 2:49ampost #4492 of 192308/4/12 at 4:27ampost #4493 of 192308/4/12 at 5:39ampost #4494 of 192308/4/12 at 11:52ampost #4495 of 192308/4/12 at 12:37pmQuote:G&G now have a "Thames" Style rubber sole where they have a fiddle back waist and have it almost to their Oak Bark single Leather soles. Will be available on my MTO webpage page this week although some people are already choosing it by email request.post #4496 of 192308/4/12 at 1:01pmpost #4497 of 192308/4/12 at 1:46pmQuote:
You could ask a cobbler to put a topy sole only on the leather that'll be touching the ground. Though some shoe afficionados will hate you for putting a topy on a oak tanned fiddleback it really does make a huge difference to grip and the longevity of the sole particulaly if you don't want to have to send them off yearly to be resoled by the manufacturer at huge cost.post #4498 of 192308/4/12 at 1:53pmpost #4499 of 192308/4/12 at 2:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by Needsmoreshoes
You could ask a cobbler to put a topy sole only on the leather that'll be touching the ground. Though some shoe afficionados will hate you for putting a topy on a oak tanned fiddleback it really does make a huge difference to grip and the longevity of the sole particulaly if you don't want to have to send them off yearly to be resoled by the manufacturer at huge cost.
I was just wondering if you could answer this: What has the most longevity, a leather sole with a topy, or a complete rubber (dainite) sole from the beginning? Perhaps it is easier to just replace a topy than the whole rubber sole, but it must be done more frequent?post #4500 of 192308/4/12 at 3:11pmQuote:
If you go back to page 72 on this thread you will see an image I posted of the Topy Soles. Yes they are only stuck to the part of the sole on the ground. I'll post some images of Micro soles soon so you can see the difference. In my opinion the Thames is far more suited to G&G shoes over the Micro.
- Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...)
Styleforum Top Picks
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 43 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 1 minute ago
- › Ordering custom Vibergs 2 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 3 minutes ago
- › Balmoral Boot Porn 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › When is the Next Ralph Lauren Sale? 5 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 6 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...