Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Gaziano & Girling St James II Cedar/Kudu GMTO Last post on 11/9/15 at 6:58pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- Classic Menswear Lounge Last post on 10/4/16 at 1:48pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:31 am in Classic Menswear
- ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. Last post on 10/22/16 at 4:06am in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...) - Page 271post #4051 of 216476/9/12 at 8:12pmpost #4052 of 216476/10/12 at 10:40ampost #4053 of 216476/11/12 at 12:48ampost #4054 of 216476/11/12 at 2:23amQuote:Originally Posted by CalTex
do any of you still wear allen edmonds after buying G&G's? I can't seem to get the balmora to work with my foot so I am considering buying from another shoe maker BUT I can not justify 700 USD + on a pair of shoes that will not be worn more than 4 times a month. But, I might be able to justify 400-500 USD, do you guys have any suggestions?
This is the G&G thread but I'm going to mention Carmina Shoemaker and Crockett & Jones in this price range.post #4055 of 216476/11/12 at 2:52am
You want pointed English shoes, but REALLY pointed English shoes? Go to George Cox bootmakers. They have a New York retailer too. I don't know what they are called, but ask for their "Winkle-pickers" and you will see sharp pointies which make Dolce & Cabana or French shoe maker Corthay look quite blunted.
Depending on how much you want to pay, you could go take a look at John Lobb of St James and see some of their creations.
The Hermes John Lobb "Capital Collection" are quite pointed (see the "Beijing")
What about these John Lobb Golf Shoes?
Will you be playing golf at "Wind & Willows Golf Course" with Mr Toady any day soon?post #4056 of 216476/11/12 at 2:58amQuote:Originally Posted by bengal-stripe
Elongated footwear in a 1912 drawing (thanks Sator)
Boots (obviously bespoke) made for Gabriele d'Annunzio (1863 - 1938), probably about the same time.Fantastic find!! will be adding that to my album - is there any way I can find verification of the source so I can keep it out of the crowded "source unknown" part of my album Bengal? Any chance of figuring out who actually made those?post #4057 of 216476/11/12 at 4:14amQuote:
Here is a link to a feature on the d'Annunzio collection in Italian GQ:
Look out for the shoes with the ******.
After a hundred years, it might be a bit difficult to know which firm(s) of shoemakers did actually work for Signor d'Annunzio.post #4058 of 216476/11/12 at 4:32am
From next season’s Burberry (pretty English, isn't it?) Prorsum collection:
Picture from this slideshow of the new shoes from the designer collections
http://www.gq.com/fashion-shows/F2012/paris/fashion-week-fall-2012-best-mens-designer-shoes#slide=1post #4059 of 216476/11/12 at 6:14amQuote:Originally Posted by bengal-stripe
Ha there were about 5 shoes out of the 100 pictured that I might wear.post #4060 of 216476/11/12 at 6:28amQuote:
Well done!!! Bravo!!
That makes you 5% stylish - but at least you are on your way!
I know you are going to enjoy the trip to becoming 100% stylish!
Don't you just LOVE the S/F site?post #4061 of 216476/11/12 at 6:44amQuote:
+1. i have both, and i enjoy them both very much. while G&G is my favorite, there is no reason not to own other makers as well.
they all have something unique to offer imo.post #4062 of 216476/11/12 at 6:45amQuote:
For me G&G is not a everyday shoe you want to damage. While I use C&J for work and other stuff and G&G when I want to look extra nice :)post #4063 of 216476/11/12 at 7:16ampost #4064 of 216476/11/12 at 8:01ampost #4065 of 216476/11/12 at 8:18amQuote:
That looks exactly like the brogue pattern on most toe caps!! I wonder whether Lattanzi's clicker was away when this pair was cut and he thought he would just go ahead and get the polisher to polish the brogue pattern on the quarters instead?
Must have been a prick of a job to do!
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Mod to Suedehead 38 seconds ago
- › Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 1 minute ago
- › 125k Pull Ups in 2016 2 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 3 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › Epaulet Steel Grey Corduroy Tweed Walt (34) BNWT 12 minutes ago
- › Truman Boots 13 minutes ago
- › Brown elegant cap toe Oxford boots by Lendvay & Schwarcz in size UK... 15 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...