Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Gaziano & Girling St James II Cedar/Kudu GMTO Last post on 11/9/15 at 6:58pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- Classic Menswear Lounge Last post on 12/14/16 at 11:47am in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:43 pm in Classic Menswear
- ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. Last post on 3/24/17 at 3:33pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...) - Page 263post #3932 of 226515/24/12 at 1:54amQuote:Originally Posted by chogall
Per my conversation w/ Tony, G&G doesn't usually make 3pc boot trees for ready made.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Maybe Nick is special.
to produce a proper boot tree it requires special tasks, which only a few companies in the world fulfill. period
you cannot produce a lasted tree without the parameters of the original last. period
no one messes around producing a boot tree w/o these parameters. period
what's asked for the boot trees and how they are labeled is only relevant for your wallet. period
this is not the AE thread, where people try to score a 3 + 1 offer at nordstrom rack for their trees, which costs a quarter of a lasted boot tree in total. people can expect more than a half assed information which ends: "per my conversation with...". it doesn't depend on the answers. it depends on the questions you ask.
if i should be wrong, i stand corrected. periodpost #3933 of 226515/24/12 at 6:53ampost #3934 of 226515/24/12 at 7:02ampost #3935 of 226515/24/12 at 8:36ampost #3936 of 226515/24/12 at 8:38ampost #3937 of 226515/24/12 at 9:35amQuote:
If you are talking about the ones from G&G (obviously), well then the answer is - "yes" without a doubt.
I don't personally own any, but a friend of mine has a G&G boot (I think it is the Wigmore) with a pair of trees, and after seeing the condition of the boot, compared to a pair in normal shoe trees, I will definitely spend the extra cash for the boot trees, no question about it.
If you buying a pair of country boots which are going to be chewed by the dogs, well then the shoe trees should be more than adequate, but if these are going to be fashion boots to be worn with good clothes, boot trees are a no brainer.post #3938 of 226515/24/12 at 11:10ampost #3939 of 226515/24/12 at 12:04pmQuote:
Yes! I bought the Canterbury + the trees from Nick two months ago and the trees fit very well and snug.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #3940 of 226515/24/12 at 3:13pmpost #3941 of 226515/24/12 at 3:51pmpost #3942 of 226515/24/12 at 4:46pmQuote:
Quite a good way to conceal real "porn" sites in the drop-down tab though!
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Which means I spend more time looking at Vass/G&G/other shoe p0rn than real porn..post #3943 of 226515/24/12 at 10:49pmQuote:Quote:Quote:Quote:Quote:Quote:Originally Posted by medtech_expat
Nice package from Nick to greet me before I head off to the US tomorrow:
St. James, MH71 in vintage oak
St. James, MH71 in polo suede
Oxford, DG70 in black
Arran, MH71 in vintage oak
Unfortunately, the St. James in suede and the Arran go back to G&G to correct some minor imperfections. Nick immediately offered to bring them to the factory for resolution, so I'm pleased with the level of customer service. I hope to have them back in Paris before too long. Note: fit modifications made by Dean on my two pairs from last week have made a great fit even better.
medtech's pics sold me on the MH71. yummpost #3944 of 226515/24/12 at 10:50pmpost #3945 of 226515/25/12 at 12:33am
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Quoddy Canoe Shoe 9.5D 1 minute ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › How to style a gilet, down vest or bodywarmer 3 minutes ago
- › Alden #8 Shell Longwing Blucher 9.5D 3 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 5 minutes ago
- › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread 6 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 8 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...