Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Gaziano & Girling St James II Cedar/Kudu GMTO Last post on 11/9/15 at 6:58pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- Classic Menswear Lounge Last post on 2/5/16 at 10:32am in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:18 am in Classic Menswear
- ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. Last post on Today at 1:24 am in Classic Menswear
What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- A primer on shoe creams conditioners, and waxesLast edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...) - Page 218post #3256 of 192284/22/12 at 10:56amfor me, i dont think i would go bespoke unless i knew exactly what i wanted. for that much coin i think one should have thought through exactly what THEY want, and then go from there with the guidance of the shoe maker. for example, i want something with a special elongated medallion, and maybe a different toe box than what they have. maybe a unique brownish hue... but that may be just me, think what you like, dont build a bespoke shoe with specs of what others want. just my 2 cents, good luck.
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3257 of 192284/22/12 at 11:25amQuote:Originally Posted by ElfsbergQuote:
Hmmm..Interesting.. do you have a picture?
Unfortunately my burnished ones are ungoing repair at the cobblers at the moment, but here's a picture of a very old much loved favourite pair of mine just to give you a picture. These are AZOR LA Mode shoes.post #3258 of 192284/22/12 at 11:58amQuote:
edit: already posted, thankspost #3259 of 192284/22/12 at 12:00pmpost #3260 of 192284/22/12 at 12:00pmQuote:Originally Posted by in stitches
for me, i dont think i would go bespoke Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)unless i knew exactly what i wanted. for that much coin i think one should have thought through exactly what THEY want, and then go from there with the guidance of the shoe maker. for example, i want something with a special elongated medallion, and maybe a different toe box than what they have. maybe a unique brownish hue... but that may be just me, think what you like, dont build a bespoke shoe with specs of what others want. just my 2 cents, good luck.
forget it, you couldn't survive the wait. two times - fitting&delivery.post #3261 of 192284/22/12 at 12:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by Elfsberg
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Hi all..Any thoughts?
I'm new here and I am a G&G addict.
Meeting up with Dean Girling in London mid May and I'm going bespoke.
I haven't decided what to go for yet and would really appreciate your input. Currently I own:[*] St James II, Vintage Cherry
[*] Sinatra, Black Calf
[*] Oxford, Black Calf
[*] Hove, Vintage Chestnut
[*] Gable, Vintage Oak
I'm thinking something Grant'ish..
enjoy the experience.post #3262 of 192284/22/12 at 2:29pmpost #3263 of 192284/22/12 at 2:31pmpost #3264 of 192284/22/12 at 2:44pmpost #3265 of 192284/22/12 at 3:54pmpost #3266 of 192284/22/12 at 7:18pmpost #3267 of 192284/22/12 at 7:28pmpost #3268 of 192284/23/12 at 7:16ampost #3269 of 192284/23/12 at 7:20am
- Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...)
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 1 minute ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 1 minute ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 2 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 4 minutes ago
- › Gaziano and Girling Warwick Size UK 10.5 E 4 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 5 minutes ago
- › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...