Everything can be bought if you pay the right price :) Even those shoes in any size.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Gaziano & Girling St James II Cedar/Kudu GMTO Last post on 11/9/15 at 6:58pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- Classic Menswear Lounge Last post on Today at 7:18 am in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:35 pm in Classic Menswear
- ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. Last post on Yesterday at 1:47 pm in Classic Menswear
What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- A primer on shoe creams conditioners, and waxesLast edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...) - Page 201
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3002 of 192844/6/12 at 10:10ampost #3003 of 192844/6/12 at 10:13ampost #3004 of 192844/6/12 at 10:24amQuote:
Not that this is an issue for me (size 7.5 maybe) but are you serious? Why is 9 the maximum? It can't be the size of skins as I have stingray skins that are 16" wide by 35" long. You could make a wholecut pair of 13s in a single skin.post #3005 of 192844/6/12 at 10:26amQuote:
IIRC, I believe it's because of the inherent nature of stingray leather in that it doesn't really hold up well when cut and stitched together.post #3006 of 192844/6/12 at 10:35ampost #3007 of 192844/6/12 at 10:39ampost #3008 of 192844/6/12 at 10:52ampost #3009 of 192844/6/12 at 11:04ampost #3010 of 192844/6/12 at 11:09ampost #3011 of 192844/6/12 at 11:25ampost #3012 of 192844/6/12 at 11:35ampost #3013 of 192844/6/12 at 11:51am
This was the issue as far as I was told. Apparently G&G were finding it quite hard to source skins large enough to do wholecuts over size 9 that were of sufficient quality. When I asked about it I was told that unless there was an influx of high quality, large stingray skins, there would be no stingray wholecuts in my future.post #3014 of 192844/6/12 at 12:00pmpost #3015 of 192844/6/12 at 12:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by GradSchooler
This was the issue as far as I was told. Apparently G&G were finding it quite hard to source skins large enough to do wholecuts over size 9 that were of sufficient quality. When I asked about it I was told that unless there was an influx of high quality, large stingray skins, there would be no stingray wholecuts in my future.
If size of the skin is an issue than you need to check often with G&G (or anyone else) as the supply of quality big skins IS sporadic. So if they don't have any now it doesn't mean they won't have any in 2 months time. I had to wait 3 months for my order of 16" wide skins.
- Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...)
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
Currently, there are 1464 Active Users (283 Members and 1181 Guests)
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 21 seconds ago
- › The Grim Reaper - Conne's Obituary Thread 25 seconds ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 27 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 2 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 5 minutes ago
- › Daily CE Musings of Piob 5 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 7 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part Three 8 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?