I'd say 5-6 months for "regular" G&G and 7-8 months for Deco. I know they are trying to get more staff in to shorten lead times, but I can imagine hiring skilled staff in this area of expertise is pretty hard.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Gaziano & Girling St James II Cedar/Kudu GMTO Last post on 11/9/15 at 6:58pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- Classic Menswear Lounge Last post on 2/5/16 at 10:32am in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:47 pm in Classic Menswear
- ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. Last post on Yesterday at 1:54 pm in Classic Menswear
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- A primer on shoe creams conditioners, and waxesLast edited: 2/1/16
- What is bullhide, and why is it attractive/desirable? What are its...Last edited: 2/1/16
- Aren't technically almost all shoe leathers corrected grain?Last edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...) - Page 168post #2506 of 191641/23/12 at 1:02pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2507 of 191641/23/12 at 1:09pmQuote:Originally Posted by Gdot
Just a note on color for you. I have the vintage cherry and the rioja - the rioja is much more versatile color wise - it's a dark purple/burgundy that seems to work with lots of fits. The vintage cherry is beautiful but it's pretty darned red and thus is not quite as versatile as the rioja, IMO.
I have the Hayes in Vintage Oak - it works with just about everything I own - being a whole cut I worry about it rumpling in the long run - but after about 10 wearings it's doing fine so far.
Hope this helps.
I see, well I suspected that, hence Vintage Cherry/Vintage Rioja. I will look at all the colors before I purchase though, will be going down to the retailer to get sure that I get exactly what I want.
Concerning your Hayes, is that a general problem with whole cuts, the creasing in the long run?
Thank you for your input in the matter, it's much appreciated.post #2508 of 191641/23/12 at 1:17pmQuote:
Did you stock Woburn in Vintage Chestnut with a single Dainite sole in Sweden? I have a vague memorie that you wrote somthing about that on Manolo....post #2509 of 191641/23/12 at 1:38pmpost #2510 of 191641/24/12 at 3:33ampost #2511 of 191641/24/12 at 6:19ampost #2512 of 191641/27/12 at 5:09pmpost #2513 of 191641/27/12 at 5:12pmpost #2514 of 191641/28/12 at 4:01amI love the Kent model
GG and Edward Green do superb combination of calf and suede
unfortunately, too tiny for my left foot
Edited by grigri75 - 1/28/12 at 4:16ampost #2515 of 191641/28/12 at 7:41ampost #2516 of 191641/28/12 at 7:43ampost #2517 of 191641/28/12 at 9:27ampost #2518 of 191641/28/12 at 11:54ampost #2519 of 191641/28/12 at 1:11pm
- Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...)
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...
- › NFL 2015-16 Thread 1 minute ago
- › Smoking Jacket, Dinner Jacket question 2 minutes ago
- › feragamo used white loafers (buying Decision) 2 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 2 minutes ago
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 5 minutes ago
- › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask... 6 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 6 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 7 minutes ago
- › ACTIVEWEAR? Small RLX TNF Down Puffer Fleece Hardshell 8 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...