or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...) - Page 1417

post #21241 of 21772
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVenneri View Post


LOVE this combo! icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif 'sides the killer shoes, the trousers are badass, who makes them?
post #21242 of 21772


That waist tho'

post #21243 of 21772
Quote:
Originally Posted by grc1 View Post


LOVE this combo! icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif 'sides the killer shoes, the trousers are badass, who makes them?

 

Thanks mate!

 

These are an old Brooks Brother's 1818 trouser that I've butchered over the years. Waist in, seat out, thighs out, knee to hem taper. They've held up well!

post #21244 of 21772

Hello guys.... please help me with GG sizing.

 

I am pick a pair of Loafers from GG  KN14 last.

 

I am a standard US 9D.... I wear Alden Barrie 8.5D

 

So what size should I pick for GG loafer on KN 14 Last?

 

UK 8E or UK 8.5 E?

post #21245 of 21772

I'm a US 10, wear 9.5 in Barrie last and wear KN14 in 9.5E (as well as all my G&G) and am very happy with the fit.

post #21246 of 21772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodman View Post
 

I'm a US 10, wear 9.5 in Barrie last and wear KN14 in 9.5E (as well as all my G&G) and am very happy with the fit.

thanks, this helps a lot. so I guess I should pick 8.5E.

post #21247 of 21772

I cannot stress the importance of trying on the shoes before you buy them! Regardless of how tedious it may seem it will likely save you hundreds of dollars when you're forced to resell an off-new pair of shoes that when broken-in provided an ill fit.

 

When I first made the transition from Alden to English shoes (GG, EG, Lobb) I was accustomed to a more 'relaxed' fit that became less and less comfortable as they broke in. After numerous discussions several forum members, shop owners, sales reps, ect...I discovered that for me, it's best I buy a shoe that initially feels 'too tight' so that when it breaks in...feels like a sock. Your experience may vary...which is why I emphasize traveling to a stockiest and spending a good amount of time trying on different sizes, widths, and lasts.

 

Here's a wrench to throw into the mix...

 

Brannock size: 10 C/D

Alden Barrie: 9D

Alden Grant: 9.5D

G&G laced shoes (all lasts): 8.5E

G&G slip-ons (all lasts) 8E

EG shoes: 8E

EG boots: 8.5E

post #21248 of 21772
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVenneri View Post
 

I cannot stress the importance of trying on the shoes before you buy them! Regardless of how tedious it may seem it will likely save you hundreds of dollars when you're forced to resell an off-new pair of shoes that when broken-in provided an ill fit.

 

When I first made the transition from Alden to English shoes (GG, EG, Lobb) I was accustomed to a more 'relaxed' fit that became less and less comfortable as they broke in. After numerous discussions several forum members, shop owners, sales reps, ect...I discovered that for me, it's best I buy a shoe that initially feels 'too tight' so that when it breaks in...feels like a sock. Your experience may vary...which is why I emphasize traveling to a stockiest and spending a good amount of time trying on different sizes, widths, and lasts.

 

Here's a wrench to throw into the mix...

 

Brannock size: 10 C/D

Alden Barrie: 9D

Alden Grant: 9.5D

G&G laced shoes (all lasts): 8.5E

G&G slip-ons (all lasts) 8E

EG shoes: 8E

EG boots: 8.5E

Thank you Venneri.! yeah. I agree that the best way to ensure a proper fit is by trying on... I live near Boston, MA. you know any retailer here that carries GG?

post #21249 of 21772
Wearing my G&G Kudo Arrans today first time and they feel very comfortable. Very happy with how they turned out.
Sharing few of iPhone pics but in person they look even nicer.







post #21250 of 21772

^^^ Grail chukkas right there.  Outstanding.

post #21251 of 21772
Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh View Post

Wearing my G&G Kudo Arrans today first time and they feel very comfortable. Very happy with how they turned out.
Sharing few of iPhone pics but in person they look even nicer.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)







Awesome, and congrats! Textured leather/suede is the best way to go with chukkas!
post #21252 of 21772
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post
 

^^^ Grail chukkas right there.  Outstanding.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easily Amused View Post


Awesome, and congrats! Textured leather/suede is the best way to go with chukkas!

Thanks a lot @RogerP@Easily Amused and everyone else. 

post #21253 of 21772
saurabh Chukkas look good my man 👍👍
post #21254 of 21772
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin8451 View Post
 


I am in for a Vintage Rioja E Arran

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoGent View Post
 

vintage Rioja hatch for me


I'm in for either, hatch or plain.  Open to any non-chunky sole.

post #21255 of 21772
Quote:
Originally Posted by TtownMD View Post

saurabh Chukkas look good my man 👍👍
Thanks man smile.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...)