or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...) - Page 1411

post #21151 of 21764



Deco corniche in vintage cherry.

Apologies for the awful pictures. My office doesn't have the best lighting.
post #21152 of 21764

Are your slip-ons a 1/2 size down from your Lace-ups? Lovely BTW

post #21153 of 21764
Quote:
Originally Posted by daizawaguy View Post
 

Are your slip-ons a 1/2 size down from your Lace-ups? Lovely BTW

 

Yes they are!

 

I either have strange feet...or I'm ridiculously particular. I size down 1/2 for all lace-less shoes (not boots) in GG. I size down 1/2 for all shoes (lace-less especially) in EG. I can go down a 1/2 length and up to a F width in GG boots comfortably...but not on EG. I cannot go up a length and down a width on either.

 

My fit preference is what most would consider tight. If I have even the most infinitesimal amount of slipping/sliding in the heel...It's a no-go, even if the rest of the shoe feels perfect. My shoes are slightly uncomfortable for the first few wears and then ease into a perfect fit.

 

And thank you!

post #21154 of 21764

Very nice

post #21155 of 21764
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVenneri View Post

Deco corniche in vintage cherry.

Beautiful!
post #21156 of 21764
Quote:
Originally Posted by cypi2 View Post

Here is a sizing question for G&G experts:

I have G&G shoes built on the DG70 and the TG73 lasts.  They are size UK 11 width E and they fit me well.

I am trying to figure out whether size UK 10.5 width F built on the GG06 would also fit me well.

For reference, on EG’s 606 and 202 lasts, size UK 10.5 width F and size UK 11 width E fit me equally well. 

I’d welcome your advice and opinions.

You will most likely fit in a pair of UK 10.5 F GG.
post #21157 of 21764
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post
 
Quote:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Originally Posted by cypi2 View Post

Here is a sizing question for G&G experts:

I have G&G shoes built on the DG70 and the TG73 lasts.  They are size UK 11 width E and they fit me well.

I am trying to figure out whether size UK 10.5 width F built on the GG06 would also fit me well.

For reference, on EG’s 606 and 202 lasts, size UK 10.5 width F and size UK 11 width E fit me equally well. 

I’d welcome your advice and opinions.

 


You will most likely fit in a pair of UK 10.5 F GG.

Thank you very much for your advice @Leaves!

post #21158 of 21764
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post

So what's the next GMTO project? Burnham in E?

 

(Edited)
Thinking about next winter, I wonder if enough people would be interested in a "winterized' version of the Rothschild.

 

Perhaps something like:

 

Rothschild

GG06

E or F width (if two widths are possible at all?)

Oak Hatch Grain

On a Ridgeway or a Dainite sole

 

 


Edited by cypi2 - 8/23/16 at 7:47am
post #21159 of 21764

^^^ It's September in a week.  Getting those for the fall seems..... optimistic.

post #21160 of 21764
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

^^^ It's September in a week.  Getting those for the fall seems..... optimistic.

Yeah, prolly delivery in December or something like that.
post #21161 of 21764
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post
 

^^^ It's September in a week.  Getting those for the fall seems..... optimistic.

You are right @RogerP.  Time flies!

They might work well as winter shoes.


Edited by cypi2 - 8/23/16 at 7:47am
post #21162 of 21764
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post

So what's the next GMTO project? Burnham in E?

I would vote for an Arran.
post #21163 of 21764
I have no Arran in my collection will go for that E width !!
post #21164 of 21764
Quote:
Originally Posted by heelguy View Post

I would vote for an Arran.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TtownMD View Post

I have no Arran in my collection will go for that E width !!

Arran sounds sweet. Hatch grain?
post #21165 of 21764
Does anyone know if a 8US RLPL G&G equates to a UK7.5 E? Thanks!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...)