or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...) - Page 1399

post #20971 of 21771
Quote:
Originally Posted by TtownMD View Post

Between eg, Saint crispin and GG best finish and over all product I have seen is hand down GG. Before you ask how I know this I have seen them in real life and own them 😀


Thank you sir. 

post #20972 of 21771
Hard to justify gator to me when a pair of bespoke is around the same cost
post #20973 of 21771
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickrut View Post

Hard to justify gator to me when a pair of bespoke is around the same cost

 

This.  Plus, I'm just not that fond of Gator on anything larger than a watch strap.  To each his own.

post #20974 of 21771
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickrut View Post

Hard to justify gator to me when a pair of bespoke is around the same cost
Bespoke is included in that price biggrin.gif
post #20975 of 21771
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

This.  Plus, I'm just not that fond of Gator on anything larger than a watch strap.  To each his own.

I dunno, these have your name all over them @RogerP cool.gif




If not, maybe they'll have mine all over them one day icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #20976 of 21771
No sir! Definitely not my cuppa.:-)
post #20977 of 21771
Suede gator are some thing else. RogerP when you head to leather foot check them out. Totally some thing else 😀
post #20978 of 21771
I was not into exotic till I saw gator & iguana totally some thing else.
post #20979 of 21771

I don't own these, but they're definitely my "grail" shoe. If this had a toe medallion it would be perfect. 

 

Maybe this will change your mind ;) @RogerP

 

post #20980 of 21771
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

No sir! Definitely not my cuppa.:-)

Agree with RogerP. To me personally, reptile looks garish and ostentatious.

But beauty is in eye of the beholder, so to each his own.
post #20981 of 21771
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbhan12 View Post
 

I don't own these, but they're definitely my "grail" shoe. If this had a toe medallion it would be perfect. 

 

Maybe this will change your mind ;) @RogerP

 

 

Sorry my man - I just look at these and think how perfect they would be in all calf.  Though these are well toned down from croc boots!

post #20982 of 21771
If you want shoes in exotic leather, simple patterns and conservative colors work best.

Consider a plain chelsea style oxford, blucher, or simple loafer in black, brown, or honey. This is a situation where less is more. A restrained style is far more tasteful and versatile than a wild tricked out pair.

When I see croc, alligator, or lizard in (double) monks, wild brogues, or garish bright colors, all I think is what a waste of flashy skin that would be more appropriate as some lady's handbag.
post #20983 of 21771
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothie1 View Post

If you want shoes in exotic leather, simple patterns and conservative colors work best.

Consider a plain chelsea style oxford, blucher, or simple loafer in black, brown, or honey. This is a situation where less is more. A restrained style is far more tasteful and versatile than a wild tricked out pair.

When I see croc, alligator, or lizard in (double) monks, wild brogues, or garish bright colors, all I think is what a waste of flashy skin that would be more appropriate as some lady's handbag.

Couldn't have put it better myself.
post #20984 of 21771
Gator shoes...

pimp_2.jpg
post #20985 of 21771

I used to share the same sentiments about gator and other exotic skins. They reminded me of a pimp...or they were overly flamboyant....excessively priced, ect.

 

Then you get to a point where you look at your closet and say "Man, I have over 50 pairs of shoes in here...I have seven pairs of the SAME shoe just in different colorways...maybe it's time to diversify my portfolio."

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...)